Can't taper through this corona virus fear/depression

[Le...]

I haven't tapered as of yet through this emotional times we're having. The doctor says to stay on .50 mg of Ativan for the next 30 days if it's going to help me n then we can talk about tapering. My fears and depression has came back since all of this happening plus loss in family n also a friend. Anybody feeling more anxious n overwhelmed since all of this happening in the world? Im having crying outbursts out of the blue. I try to stay away from news but sometimes it's important to learn more..i cry before sleep due to fear n sense of loneliness..any advice please??? No horror stories.

We live in uncertain times and people who are not on benzos or anywhere in the withdrawal process are on edge.  It's normal to feel this way, life has changed for the entire planet.

That being said, it's best to disconnect from the news as much as possible.  I'm well and have been recovered for a long time. I have to disconnect and find ways to distract from our new reality.  Try to get out in the sunshine, if possible. After a dreary day of rain, yesterday was lovely. There were lots of people out walking, maintaining proper distances and remarking about how the sunny mild day improved their mood.

Watch movies and read books. 

You need to decide when to start your taper because it's best to stay committed to it once you start.  You'll know when you are ready.  You are stronger than you think!

pianogirl  :smitten:

Thank you for your kind response. I don't feel ready to taper as of yet. I know i will feel it when im ready. Sometimes our minds take over us so fast n it's pretty hard on all of us. I'm glad you're doing good with everything. Such a positive state of mind. I'm not ready to go outside yet. But hopefully I'll get there soon. Thank you again.

Thank you for your kind response. I don't feel ready to taper as of yet. I know i will feel it when im ready. Sometimes our minds take over us so fast n it's pretty hard on all of us. I'm glad you're doing good with everything. Such a positive state of mind. I'm not ready to go outside yet. But hopefully I'll get there soon. Thank you again.

You are very welcome!

I would hold until things start calming down atleast. It truly depends on your experience. If you are really suffering I wouldn’t push myself to do cuts. Let the situation get better and in the mean time don’t updose. Things are going to settle down .Why add to your plate? Do not updose, put tapering out of your mind for a bit and promise to continue when things start cooling off.

I won't updose. Did that 2 weeks ago n felt sick for a week. But thank you for your response. I see you worked through your klonopin. That's what got me up here messed up in the first place n now trying to work with Ativan. How do you feel? Any issues? I wish my nightmare was over already..

Dear Letty,

Just sending some hugs from Switzerland, right next door to Italy. We currently are among the three countries with the highest levels of Covid-19 per capita in the world (small country, so our numbers don't show up in the international headlines). Therefore I can maybe help you from the perspective of somebody who is in the middle of this mess and has been quarantined for 4 weeks now: Of course we worry, a lot, but worrying does not help or change a thing.

We found that doing something is much better.

Bake, stitch, whatever makes you a little happier or at least keeps you occupied. I even took up exercising once in a while since there was nothing else to do and it was quite a nice experience. I have started writing little notes for my neighbors and calling the elderly, although I am not feeling great myself. It was highly appreciated which made me a little happier. And I am trying to be nice to myself: On bad-mood-days, let them be bad, and on good days, I try to celebrate them. Crying: I was unable to cry for some time until I found that it is really necessary for me to release stress. So I watched sad movies and... voilà! I cried like... how do you say in English? Like a broken dam. And then I felt better.

And if taperig makes you feel in charge: Continue.

Listen to your intuition and not your fear.

I know it is hard to keep them apart.

Stay strong,

Satasha

Lefty:

If you aren’t ready psychologically then dont start tapering.  For me, this was hard.  I had to get my anxiety and claustrophobia under control first.  CBT worked for me, but you need a good therapist.  Even then, it’s not for everybody as our needs/problems are different.

I know many people are suffering these days, but for me, being in quarantine and working from home has done wonders for my recovery.  I avoid all news, etc and just focus on work and my recovery. 

Just wait till you are ready, don’t rush things.  Best wishes to you.

My partner was planning to start his taper now, but with Covid-19 we've decided to wait a bit. It's not the best time to embark on that journey, for us at least. It's hard on the body, and hard on the mind. Don't put pressure on yourself if you don't feel ready, or if you're having really strong feelings, or fear and depression. It's hard to see the silver lining in all this, especially if you've lost employment. But I somehow think the world will be a better place when we get on the other side of this thing. Just take good care of yourself now, and worry about the rest when the chips fall wherever they may fall.

Thank you all so much for your responses. It feels nice to know that everyone here understands n is or has gone through this. It's been pretty harsh mentally n physically hard. Just found out someone i know from my old neighborhood tested positive for covid 19 n he's having a hard time. Immediately my body went into the tremors just knowing someone i know has it. Pretty scary n overwhelming. I know I'm not ready for tapering for sure.

Letty, don't worry about tapering now.  This is such a hard time, emotionally and physically.  You just stay where you are and remember, you are stronger than you think.  We are here for you Letty, and won't let you go through this alone, ever.  Many of us are having crying spells , it's a very natural response to what we are living through.  LY, Mary  :smitten: :smitten:

Thank you Mary. Do tremors get worse through stressful time's? It seems my tremors have stayed with me for days now but all day n night. Ativan helps for about a couple of hours but then they start again. I've been trying to stay positive throughout all of this but i just don't feel like I'm even stabilized at all. I don't know what it takes to get there n yes the crying spells are so bad. I hope we can all get through this together cuz i sure can use the support. ❤🙏🙏🙏

Thank you Mary. Do tremors get worse through stressful time's? It seems my tremors have stayed with me for days now but all day n night. Ativan helps for about a couple of hours but then they start again. I've been trying to stay positive throughout all of this but i just don't feel like I'm even stabilized at all. I don't know what it takes to get there n yes the crying spells are so bad. I hope we can all get through this together cuz i sure can use the support. ❤🙏🙏🙏

I would think tremors could get worse, we are all so anxious, I know it doesn't take much for me to get shakier than normal, and also having more heart palpitations.  They don't last long, but are definitely happening more often.  This is such a scary time, stay in and stay safe.  We are all here for you.  Try to distract as best you can, you will get through this with all of us.  LY, Mary  :smitten: :smitten:

You can do it Letty.  I’m almost at two months since jumping and I am actually sleeping pretty good.  For me, it’s a huge relief to not have to get in a car and drive places. 

And if I can do it, so can you.  In fact, you are off to a better start since you have these great resources here to help you taper.  I only discovered this site after I jumped. 

I definitely have symptoms still but I know what causes them. I live a normal life. I work, I drive, I have gone out, I talk about other things. I have goals and can talk to people. Im not terribly agoraphobic anymore. My only lingering symptoms come from when I eat sugar or gluten and are really related to my stomach. If I take care of my diet and I manage my stress I am fine. I never feel out of control anymore, at the very worst I just need a nights rest to settle my symptoms. healing occurs gradually overtime. there is no eureka moment, as I have said before. You just keep at it and overtime your quality of life gets better.