Is 0.0625 clonazepam too soon to jump

[te...]

So I've succeeded in dividing a 0.5 mg pill into 8 small bits. That would be 0.625 or 1.25mg of Valium.

Would the next step be to jump or divide still more?

Thanks

Teru

So you are now at 0.0625 mg of Klonopin (1/8 of 0.5 mg).

Some people have successfully jumped at that point.

Others have used various ways to reduce even slower (see my signature - I used that link to taper all the way down to 0.001 mg).

So can you jump at 0.0625mg?  It sort of depends on your taper history.

Question:  How long did you take to taper from 1 mg to 0.0625mg?

Question:  I assume you reduced in steps of 0.0625 mg.  So how bad was the withdrawal at each step?

Hi Terua

Great you have tapered so far!  If I understand you correctly, you are now at .0625?  As Bob7 asks, same questions.  When was your last cut, how long was that hold? 

Some have jumped at that dose.  There are likely to be some wd symptoms.  Is there any reason you can’t taper more?  I realize you are cutting pills.  They are very hard to cut that small, and accurate dosing is not possible. 

If you choose to taper further, ask your dr to prescribe a liquid compound and taper to maybe half this dose. 

I am tapering clonazepam.  I was on .5 once a day.  I’ve been tapering since August and I’m now at .112.  I am making 10 % cuts now at the end of my taper.  I want absolute success with minimal wd symptoms.  I use a liquid compound so these cuts are possible. 

I’m sure you’re ready just to stop.  I know I am.  But patience is important.  Slow and steady wins the race with benzos. 

Well, the recommended quit dose is 0.025 for K and .5 for V.  I wouldn't push it, but it's definitely up to you and how you would feel if you were to jump now.

Good luck.

Teru, I would encourage you to taper down lower. Remind me, did you start tapering your Effexor yet? If you haven’t, I’d say hold off until you finish the K taper and get some healing done.

Hope you are doing ok. I found some authentic ramen noodles at a Asian food store and am going to try my hand at some recipes.  :)

I cut down to .01325mg kpins and jumped. I think it’s too soon but that’s my opinion. I’d cut down to half that dose and jump if that’s your full daily dose

Others have used various ways to reduce even slower (see my signature - I used that link to taper all the way down to 0.001 mg).

Question:  I assume you reduced in steps of 0.0625 mg.  So how bad was the withdrawal at each step?

Hello Bob

Thanks for your prompt reply

To answer your questions,

- About eight months from 1.0 to present 0.0625

- Have had no withdrawal symptoms (yet). I guess it's not the first time coming off benzos so I haven't made myself anxious just doing it

Hi Terua

Great you have tapered so far!  If I understand you correctly, you are now at .0625?  As Bob7 asks, same questions.  When was your last cut, how long was that hold? 

Some have jumped at that dose.  There are likely to be some wd symptoms.  Is there any reason you can’t taper more?  I realize you are cutting pills.  They are very hard to cut that small, and accurate dosing is not possible. 

If you choose to taper further, ask your dr to prescribe a liquid compound and taper to maybe half this dose. 

I am tapering clonazepam.  I was on .5 once a day.  I’ve been tapering since August and I’m now at .112.  I am making 10 % cuts now at the end of my taper.  I want absolute success with minimal wd symptoms.  I use a liquid compound so these cuts are possible. 

I’m sure you’re ready just to stop.  I know I am.  But patience is important.  Slow and steady wins the race with benzos.

Hi Healing

Thanks for your reply

This sounds odd, but I don't have a doctor or access to one so I'm doing it all alone.

Well, the recommended quit dose is 0.025 for K and .5 for V.  I wouldn't push it, but it's definitely up to you and how you would feel if you were to jump now.

Good luck.

Hi CAgirl

Thanks for your reply. Interesting to hear that there is a recommended quit dose.

Teru, I would encourage you to taper down lower. Remind me, did you start tapering your Effexor yet? If you haven’t, I’d say hold off until you finish the K taper and get some healing done.

Hope you are doing ok. I found some authentic ramen noodles at a Asian food store and am going to try my hand at some recipes.  :)

Hi kitsune

Nice to hear from you again.

Im holding the Effexor taper at 75mg till I'm off this benzo

Ramen is a real delicacy in Japan and endless varieties. Making the soup is a gargantuan task so if you can get the noodles (fresh slightly curly yellow ones) then a ready mux with instant powder would work. You can add your own ingredients like garlic, meat etc.

Teru

If you aren’t feeling amped withdrawal symptoms when you cut, I’d say that’s your best signal to jump.

Hi Challis

Thanks for your kind  encouragement.

Teru

Hello Bob

Thanks for your prompt reply

To answer your questions,

- About eight months from 1.0 to present 0.0625

- Have had no withdrawal symptoms (yet). I guess it's not the first time coming off benzos so I haven't made myself anxious just doing it

Terua,

If you have not had withdrawal symptoms in going from 1 to 0.0625 over 8 months, well, I would jump to zero if I were you.  You do not seem to be dependent yet.

Hi Bob

Thanks for that advice.

I will hang on 0.0625 for a month then make a decision. I'm not in a hurry.

Teru