Emergency Dose

[sw...]

I am 3 months since I stopped Klonopin. This past week after losing half of my retirement funds because of the stock market crashes (I know should have been smarter). Now uncontrollable and constant anxiety and unable to hold down food. Would taking a few doses of this drug set me back hopelessly. Need something to keep from doing something bad.

Would taking a few doses of this drug set me back hopelessly.

It just might. I'm sure sorry for what happened to you, but if it were me, I wouldn't risk taking a benzo again. How many doses do you think will be sufficient to tamp down that anxiety? One? Three? Fourteen? Klonopin might work (again) but then you'd be facing a taper off it.

My therapist is offering telehealth sessions via a service called VSee. I bet there are therapists where you live who are offering the same service . . . and they all have clients who are in a world of hurt from ways in which the virus has upended their lives.

I don't know which state you live in, but here's a less drastic idea than klonopin. When I was unable to eat on my benzo taper (I lost 40 pounds), I experimented with indica marijuana. It helps chemo patients regain their appetite and it helped me with my relentless nausea. If you have a dispensary nearby, why not go in and ask for an indica edible, just to see if it helps your appetite.

So, those are a couple of suggestions.

Again, I'm sorry for what happened to you. But if you could resist the idea of taking a benzo, imo you'll be better off. Oh, why not get that klonopin out of your house? Then you won't be tempted. I got rid of my valium after my taper, and I'm glad I did.

Best,

:smitten:

Katz

I am 3 months since I stopped Klonopin. This past week after losing half of my retirement funds because of the stock market crashes (I know should have been smarter). Now uncontrollable and constant anxiety and unable to hold down food. Would taking a few doses of this drug set me back hopelessly. Need something to keep from doing something bad.

We are all in the same boat with the stock market plunge, you DIDN'T do anything wrong here.  This is just panic selling and is not an indication of what is truly going on in the market.  Yes, businesses have been impacted and there will be some loss of value, but when people get their heads straight the market will start to recover.  It recovered after the Great Depression, it recovered after Black Monday in 1987, it recovered after the housing crash in 2009, and it will recover again after COVID.  The best thing to do is not look at your 401k because this small snapshot in time is not indicative of long term outcomes.  You still have the same number of shares, their value is just lower.  This is actually a great thing for younger workers since now they can buy more shares :)  For us 'older' folks, we just need to wait for the market to come back to life.

Cheers,

RR

oregonkatz, Thanks for your advice. I have tried CND oil and that has no effect. If anything it may increase my anxiety. Here in Ontario I can only buy online which takes time. They have retail stores in few cities. But the Indica is something I will try to find.

recoveryroad, I took huge losses, then sold everythng in the retriement account the day before the market gained back 19%. That is what put me over the edge. The Stock market and Benzo damage is a very rough combo.

Trying to find something for anxiety that allows me to eat without throwing up is hard. so tempting to just take Klonopin for relief, but at what price

recoveryroad, I took huge losses, then sold everythng in the retriement account the day before the market gained back 19%. That is what put me over the edge. The Stock market and Benzo damage is a very rough combo.

Trying to find something for anxiety that allows me to eat without throwing up is hard. so tempting to just take Klonopin for relief, but at what price

Gotcha, yeah that can be a tough one to swallow.  It will continue to gain back so just hang in there and ride it out.  Benzos won't correct the market, or you, so I would avoid taking any despite the financial roller coaster ride.  It's like drinking to solve problems, then you sober up but the problem remains.

Cheers,

RR