Help with Medication cuts for Xanax

[...]

Hi,

I am curious to know how other people feel about this. I have done some hard cuts. Probably too much. The first cut of Xanax was .5 then a month later .25 and again at .25 a month after that. The withdrawals were pretty intense and for two weeks I would get terrible brain fog, irritability, anger, tiredness, all of it. But then, in the third week, I got some windows and by week four I have felt better. So, my doc suggested trying a cut of .125 instead. So, half of a quarter mg. I'm three days in and it feels crappy as well. I keep wondering if I should just bite the bullet and do .25 instead. I might give it a few more days just to see if the withdrawals really are as bad as they were with the .25 but if they are, wouldn't it make sense to just do the .25? What are the drawbacks of this logic? Thanks. Also, does anyone know how to change my signature? I can't figure out how to do it. Thanks!

2 1/2 mgs zanax daily for 14 years.

December 2019 cut 1/2 mg

Jan 2020 cut .25

Feb 20 cut .25

March 22 cut .125

Current dose (I literally can't do the math) Slightly over 1 and .25 per day plus 100 mgs gabapentin

Hi SRR,

I changed your signature.  As for your cuts, you can do whatever feels right to you, I think I mentioned this in another post.  Just pay attention to your symptoms and quality of life and adjust your cuts to keep yourself functioning. 

Pamster

Thanks for fixing my signature and for your thoughts. My doc said the same thing but I keep wanting to find a fast track. There may not be one. 🤣

Hey, I did a fast track but I don't recommend it.  :sick:  Check out the post withdrawal support board, there you'll find those who are benzo free, some tapered slowly, others quickly but all of them still suffer with symptoms.  Getting off of these drugs is just the first part of this process, recovering from the damage they do is the second, so you're likely in this for the long haul, might as well make it as easy on yourself as you can.

I tapered from 2mg after long term use. The taper was fairly forgiving until the dose was low. I’d suggest doing .0625mg cuts til the end. Those are 1/4 of a .25mg.

It really is worth taking your time at the end. No need IMO to cut once a month...every 5-7 days should work okay.

Thanks Pamster! That's a good point. This is a process that is going to take time!

I tapered from 2mg after long term use. The taper was fairly forgiving until the dose was low. I’d suggest doing .0625mg cuts til the end. Those are 1/4 of a .25mg.

It really is worth taking your time at the end. No need IMO to cut once a month...every 5-7 days should work okay.

Thanks, that's a good idea, I will look into that. Smaller cuts but more frequently. Thanks!