Wave or window?

[Tw...]

This may be just me but when I came off in 2016 I figured it was a constant wave. I was in this new normal that would take a lot of time to get through. I never thought of it as waves and windows. I thought waves were constant and windows were a glimpse into possibilities. So when I hear that someone is in a wave I think that’s normal. Over times the waves are less bombastic.

So when I read someone is in a wave I immediately think bs. It’s all mostly a wave. Be glad for a window knowing it will soon close and know these timelines will change.

Expectations are a bitch.

Healing is definitely a long & slow process for most of us on here. No doubt that your expectations will probably be squashed. Mine sure have! But patience is the key  :thumbsup:

[d3...]

I didn't have many windows (just a couple, but they were memorable).  It was mostly just a big long wave for me, I guess.  But some people are much more prone to swings.  Often, these waves (and windows) are due to external factors (e.g. unexpected event), but just as often it's difficult to correlate the wave or window with any activity.

You'll read a lot of experiences here that don't parallel your own experience.  This is a really unique situation for people.  There are some general withdrawal tendencies, but everybody's withdrawal/recovery experience is different.  So even if the symptom doesn't ring true for you, there are probably scores of other forum members that can totally relate.