vision problems

[0b...]

[0b...]
I’m going blind, not blurry vision, but really I can’t see well, I can’t see at night and through the day everything is soo dark, I almost don’t see any color anymore, for example sunlight is white for me not yellow. Everything is almost black and white.

Hi Akul,

I'm with you there having the very dim and blurry vision and having night blindness. It's a scary symptom and spikes the anxiety as one is consistently reminded something is wrong. I wish I had the answers to all of this.

You mention poor vision symptoms are you also experiencing DPDR?

[0b...]

Hi Akul,

I'm with you there having the very dim and blurry vision and having night blindness. It's a scary symptom and spikes the anxiety as one is consistently reminded something is wrong. I wish I had the answers to all of this.

You mention poor vision symptoms are you also experiencing DPDR?

Yes I have both dp and dr

I had various issues like this

I remember everything would seem dark and then all of a sudden brighten up. I recall going on like this for months then all of a sudden it was like someone switched the lights on.

Things do shift move on and change as time goes by even though it may not feel like it.

Shania

[0b...]

I remember everything would seem dark and then all of a sudden brighten up. I recall going on like this for months then all of a sudden it was like someone switched the lights on.

Things do shift move on and change as time goes by even though it may not feel like it.

Shania

I have that 24/7 no changes. 😔

Shania

I have that 24/7 no changes. 😔

Akul, if you go to search engine under your avatar and look it up, you will find so many eye issues, it's amazing.  Different eye issues has been one of my main symptoms.  My guess is you will be fine eventually. No one can say when.  If you get really scared call your Dr.  Good luck, keep us posted.

Mary 💜

[0e...]

I’m going blind, not blurry vision, but really I can’t see well, I can’t see at night and through the day everything is soo dark, I almost don’t see any color anymore, for example sunlight is white for me not yellow. Everything is almost black and white.

I have this too...its awful. I guess it is caused by dr...

[0b...]

like something is missing in your vision? Like you dont see everything like u should? Sun is full for me, all colors are washed out and pale, I feel like I’m going crazy, is this severe dp/dr or what is this? I feel like I won’t be able to see normal anymore, I even forgot how things looked when they were normal. I don’t even know my mum and dad anymore and doesn’t have a connection with them anymore. This is more than going just insane.

like something is missing in your vision? Like you dont see everything like u should? Sun is full for me, all colors are washed out and pale, I feel like I’m going crazy, is this severe dp/dr or what is this? I feel like I won’t be able to see normal anymore, I even forgot how things looked when they were normal. I don’t even know my mum and dad anymore and doesn’t have a connection with them anymore. This is more than going just insane.

Hi Sundanceshaman and Akul,

Sorry you are going through this too, its literally frightening as one cannot escape the immediate visual problems...its always there and effects us hugely. One feels very alone with this, as it does not come up often in this forum. I can only comment from a subjective point of view as experiencing the same visual issues, is that it is severe DP/DR. I understand completely, also the emotional detachment, even the visual detachment of not knowing your own parents or family. Its a nightmare and I really pray these symptoms pass soon.

Can I clarify a few visual symptoms and please add further sypmtoms you experience. This is what I experience 24/7 and attribute it to a type of traumatic brain injury (TBI) from the medication which is part an parcel of DP/DR. If you look at what TBI sufferers go through you will see there are similarities.

1. Cannot adjust to light changes

2. Feels like you are in a horror movie with the darkened filter

3. Hypersensitivity to bright light (Photophobia)

4. Feel like you on a LSD trip with fluorescent lights

5. Night blindness, which means even early morning struggle to see in dark

6. Tunnel vision, where your peripheral vision is not functioning well.

7. With a panoramic view, one cannot take in the "big picture", you have to look at spliced sections of the view, otherwise it is overwhelming. It's like the brain cannot process the entire picture at once.

8. Colours can become washed down, but I think this is part and process of the brain not been able to process colours and objects.

9. Struggle in the morning to "kickstart" the brain and vision. Its at it worst in the morning.

10. Dim and blurry, like Vaseline is in your eyes

Kind regards,

CyberA

Hi, I have and had this. I'm please to say the night vision problem has gone. I remember driving home once and thinking I may have to pull over because the night vision was so bad. That, thankfully has gone. The black/white and other strange colours has also gone. It does go.

At the moment I have problems with reading scrolling or fast text although I think its improving.

My vision in sunlight improves drastically !! Anyone else experienced this strange stuff?? :)

Sorry you are going through this too, its literally frightening as one cannot escape the immediate visual problems...its always there and effects us hugely. One feels very alone with this, as it does not come up often in this forum. I can only comment from a subjective point of view as experiencing the same visual issues, is that it is severe DP/DR. I understand completely, also the emotional detachment, even the visual detachment of not knowing your own parents or family. Its a nightmare and I really pray these symptoms pass soon.

Can I clarify a few visual symptoms and please add further sypmtoms you experience. This is what I experience 24/7 and attribute it to a type of traumatic brain injury (TBI) from the medication which is part an parcel of DP/DR. If you look at what TBI sufferers go through you will see there are similarities.

7. With a panoramic view, one cannot take in the "big picture", you have to look at spliced sections of the view, otherwise it is overwhelming. It's like the brain cannot process the entire picture at once.

8. Colours can become washed down, but I think this is part and process of the brain not been able to process colours and objects.

9. Struggle in the morning to "kickstart" the brain and vision. Its at it worst in the morning.

Kind regards,

CyberA

I also share these symptoms and I'm pleased to say many have cleared up.

Dark vision - gone

Grainy vision - improved

Strange colours - gone

Vaseline eyes - comes and goes

Can't read scrolling text - still got

DP/DR - comes and goes

Hang in there guys it all improves. It may take a bit of time but it will go,

Matt xxxxxx

[0b...]

Hi, I have and had this. I'm please to say the night vision problem has gone. I remember driving home once and thinking I may have to pull over because the night vision was so bad. That, thankfully has gone. The black/white and other strange colours has also gone. It does go.

At the moment I have problems with reading scrolling or fast text although I think its improving.

My vision in sunlight improves drastically !! Anyone else experienced this strange stuff?? :)

I can’t see the Sun shining the sunlight is white not yellow. It’s also dull. All colors are different and some colors I can’t see.

[0b...]

Kind regards,

CyberA

Dark vision - gone

Grainy vision - improved

Strange colours - gone

DP/DR - comes and goes

Matt xxxxxx

How long you’ve been off?

Kind regards,

CyberA

Dark vision - gone

Grainy vision - improved

Strange colours - gone

DP/DR - comes and goes

Matt xxxxxx

I've been off 6 months. Had a few great windows so I know I'm on track. :)

[0b...]

I’m still tapering Ativan on 3.25mg right now down from 7.5mg

Kind regards,

CyberA

Dark vision - gone

Grainy vision - improved

Strange colours - gone

DP/DR - comes and goes

Matt xxxxxx

I've been off 6 months. Had a few great windows so I know I'm on track. :)

[0e...]

Kind regards,

CyberA

I have all this crap...and even more visual issues

• 9 months later...
For those that had/have this...any update on how long it took to resolve?  I am 6 months off, even after only taking Valium for 10 months, and have so many visual problems like what is mentioned here, I am terrified they are permanent changes.

I've had vision issues since I started my taper I but it's a strange blurry vision and I have to use reading glasses which I never had before