Benzo withdrawal and COVID 19- I have it.

[Mo...]

I was diagnosed with COVID 19. Can't get tested because of lack of tests but my doctor said she was sure I have it. Anyway, I didn't really notice it  because so many of the symptoms of benzo withdrawal are the same. I didn't pay attention until I started running a fever, then the cough came. Now, I am only day 4 since the fever started and have to get to day seven to see if the symptoms get worse or better. And my symptoms are mild. The thing is that right now it feels no difference than withdrawals other than the fever and cough. A lot of people are worse off than I am with COVID 19 and end up with really high fevers etc. I know before I got it I was looking for people with it and going through benzo withdrawals to see if it made it worse. That doesn't seem to be the case with me. Yet. But I'll keep you updated.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mo...]

• [Ma...]

• [ba...]

• [Hy...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Mobykal, hope you get well soon! I am happy to hear it's not worse, maybe you are one of the lucky ones.

Sending love and healing vibes,

:smitten:

I had 2 family members with Covid, one is recovered now, one still suffering.

It seems to take some weeks until the last symptoms are gone, take good care of yourself and don't do too much if you feel better already.

I wish you a quick healing, let us know how it is going. You are not alone :smitten:

Thank you everyone. Even though I posted this this morning that I was doing ok. The virus is moving into bad flu like feelings. This time it feels different from withdrawals. But not worse. Hopefully it stays that way. I thought I'd post here so as people get it they can post too. This way we can have an idea how it goes for other people as they go through withdrawals as well. A lot of people have it already, though they can't get tested for it. I'm going to hold at the dosage I am now and not take a cut for a week or two.

It might be a good idea to write out your taper schedule in case you need to go to the hospital, how are you tapering, is it dry cuts, it might be advantageous to prepare ahead just in case. 

I'm sorry you're sick, I hope it stays mild for you.

Thank you everyone. Even though I posted this this morning that I was doing ok. The virus is moving into bad flu like feelings. This time it feels different from withdrawals. But not worse. Hopefully it stays that way. I thought I'd post here so as people get it they can post too. This way we can have an idea how it goes for other people as they go through withdrawals as well. A lot of people have it already, though they can't get tested for it. I'm going to hold at the dosage I am now and not take a cut for a week or two.

May I ask in which country you are?

I agree. Stay safe and take care of yourself. Would you let us know how you are doing? All of us are scared. And I am so sorry you are ill right now. Be gentle with yourself, okay?

east

I'm in the US.

Do you have someone in your household to help you, cook for you and have a look on you?

Just try to stay hydrated and eat healthy.  :hug:

I think I caught it too 10 days ago after only 20 minutes or so with my son back to home. He traveled during the worst time of the virus spreading in us.

Cold sx are mild started with sore throat, then low grade fever and very bad headache on and off in the first 7 days, no minimal sx if any since day 8. But the wd sx were ramped up huge back to the worst ever stage.

Be extremely careful as this virus transfers in an unbelievable manner especially for ppl with compromised immune. We were very cautious basically just being in kitchen area together for that short time.

Freaking a lot hot water is what I have been doing which helped with the cold sx.

I'm in the US.

Do you have someone in your household to help you, cook for you and have a look on you?

Just try to stay hydrated and eat healthy.  :hug:

Oh yes. My husband. I'm not going through this alone. Thank You!

Okay if you were exposed to someone who tested positive for the COVID 19 virus, you need to be tested.  My niece is a RN and works in a huge ER here in the states.  They are not telling people they have the virus unless they tested positive.  If you are having symptoms contact your local Health Department or Doctor to be tested.  You will be monitored, your location will be back tracked for the protection of others.  Anyone you came into contact with will be told to isolate.  They are taking this seriously.  Please be safe and smart ALL!

That doesn't seem the case in my state. They only do 160 tests per day for the 5.6 million people. They only do tests if you end up in the hospital. Been traveling or have been exposed to someone with a positive test AND you have to be showing symptoms. There are only a limited amount of tests. They do tell you if they believe you have it but they can't put it in as confirmed tests. My state has only done a little over 7000 tests. That's it. But the hospitals are starting to fill up. You must be in a state that can test large amounts of people. I guess in LA they are turning away hundreds of people from hospitals even though they know that they have it. They are treating it like the flu. They know you have it but don't test for it. The numbers are very misleading. I could tell you where I got it but I doubt that person was tested for it.

This is what my state is saying "COVID-19 tests are only available to high-risk patients, so please don’t come into a  facility for testing unless a doctor refers you. "

I think I caught it too 10 days ago after only 20 minutes or so with my son back to home. He traveled during the worst time of the virus spreading in us.

Cold sx are mild started with sore throat, then low grade fever and very bad headache on and off in the first 7 days, no minimal sx if any since day 8. But the wd sx were ramped up huge back to the worst ever stage.

Be extremely careful as this virus transfers in an unbelievable manner especially for ppl with compromised immune. We were very cautious basically just being in kitchen area together for that short time.

Freaking a lot hot water is what I have been doing which helped with the cold sx.

I know that it is sooooo contagious. Pretty sure I caught it from a man that I was 3 ft away from for 3 minutes. He had a mask on and looked like he was feverish. I got away as fast as I could but it was to no avail. I got it.

I wish that every state had the capability to test everyone but they don't. You can call the Department of Health but they'll tell you the same thing. Not enough tests. Even the CDC says don't take a test unless you meet the criteria. At least in my state, it's the counties and cities that seem to be taking this the most seriously.

Anyway, it seems like this virus can make sx of withdrawals worse. I am in day four and my temperature finally came down to normal. I took a small cut last week, before symptoms and so far I'm doing better,sx wise, than I expected. I know that 4mom said that it made hers worse.

I'm sure there will be a lot more people going through withdrawals that will get the COVID 19 virus too. I think anything that anyone can contribute will help us all.

Wow. Same story in New Hampshire. Low-ish number of "confirmed" cases but that's because they are not testing much. Hospitals filling up already, definitely way more cases than official numbers.

You are saying you think you got it from your son who was an asymptomatic carrier?

Anyway, take care of yourself MobyKal, our prayers are with you. Keep us posted.

Mobykal..thank you for being willing to post this horrible situation and educating us on what to expect should those of us in BW contract it. I wish you speedy recovery. So glad you have help.

I think I got it from a young man working at a grocery store who looked sick, he was wearing a mask and I didn't notice him right away.

I don't know why I feel the need to update everyone. Perhaps in case they get it they might not feel so anxious, if they do feel anxious. IT'S DIFFERENT FOR EVERYONE but for me It feels similar to the flu but not quite the same. I can tell how it doesn't feel the same but I don't think I can explain it. It does not feel like a cold at all. One thing I find different is I can sleep better than when I have the flu. I actually feel like I slept. I don't have the phlegm in the throat, the scratchy throat is noticeable but more annoying than truly painful. Personally I rarely have a fever with the flu. So that is much different for me, having a fever for days with this virus. The cough for me is mild. (I don't have pneumonia) It doesn't feel like I'm coughing up a lung. My lymph nodes aren't swollen. The body aches are worse than the flu and fatigue is about the same. I also feel like I'm ok at times, then it hits me again. With the flu that feeling of awfulness doesn't take a break. I seem to have a mild case but that's only in comparison to how some people have it much worse. So I can't say it doesn't make me feel really lousy because it does and I'm in bed most of the day. Just FYI

It's bold of you to keep updating us. Keep doing so - we are all here to support you as you recover  :smitten:

My wife (separated) got it and recovered. For her it was like a flu. Recovered at home in about 2 weeks. This was in Boston. I myself am not so optimistic about what my chances would be, as I'm 63 and have a risk factor (asthma). So I'm being super cautious. Did not visit my wife while she was sick. In fact I have barely left my home for weeks. (Note: I was not agoraphobic even when in benzo withdrawal ... now I am ... go figure)

In a way it's good you got it early. If you need hospital care (hope not!) it's still available where you are, I'm guessing. (Wisconsin?). And after recovery you are immune, at least for a while.

Much love and best wishes!!!

Richard [a.k.a. chessplayer a.k.a. hypatia]