Author Topic: Benzo withdrawal and COVID 19- I have it.  (Read 4504 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Benzo withdrawal and COVID 19- I have it.
« Reply #120 on: August 03, 2020, 01:07:16 am »
Hi [...]. Of course we can tell w/d from a severe virus. Yes it's so contagious just like catching a regular cold from someone. People are letting their guard down since here the restrictions are eased. The infection rate is only 1 percent here in NY. I believe it's going to go increase since everyone is out and about and schools will be open for live teaching soon. It will feel like a bad flu for most. A vaccine can't come soon enough.

[...]

Hi [...],

I have a guess, a good one, that you will be ok in terms of covid even you indeed have it. I tapered 2 drugs in the past 10 yrs, my immune was extra strong all those years as long as I was on the meds regardless how tiny the dose is. But once I'm off, my immune would be non-existent like now. You are still tapering so very likely your immune is not impacted in that way.

Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #121 on: August 05, 2020, 02:59:40 pm »
Hi [...]. My immune system is not that great. Maybe I seem to catch a lot of things is because two family members in my household work for the public. I'm on day 7 and I think and the worst of it is behind me. The horrific back pain has diminished, now I just feel achy. I have cold symptoms with a stuffy nose and sore throat. I don't feel completely wiped out like I did where I stayed in bed the whole time. I still feel tired and probably need another week to get back to where I was. I just feel like crap now. I guess my case would be considered mild considering what it could have been. I believe I caught it when I invited my son's girlfriend to have birthday cake with us. So it was just the four of us, and [...] was not sick at the time. [...] tested positive for Covid later that week. This was the only time we were social with anyone, inside or outside the house since the beginning of March. Only twenty minutes of coffee and cake... Feel better everyone.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #122 on: September 03, 2020, 10:16:48 pm »
Hi all,

Sorry for the Covid suffering on top of WD.  Just wondering, did anyone use a fever reducer (Tylenol, etc.) to cope with the fever, or were you able to weather the temp fluctuations without meds?  I am in a massive setback and cannot tolerate even Tylenol, and with family members in health care, I am worried that I may eventually get Covid but cannot take any meds for any symptom, least of all Tylenol.

Here's to healing for all of us.