Author Topic: Benzo withdrawal and COVID 19- I have it.  (Read 4496 times)

[Buddie]

Benzo withdrawal and COVID 19- I have it.
« on: March 25, 2020, 07:11:47 pm »
I was diagnosed with COVID 19. Can't get tested because of lack of tests but my doctor said [...] was sure I have it. Anyway, I didn't really notice it  because so many of the symptoms of benzo withdrawal are the same. I didn't pay attention until I started running a fever, then the cough came. Now, I am only day 4 since the fever started and have to get to day seven to see if the symptoms get worse or better. And my symptoms are mild. The thing is that right now it feels no difference than withdrawals other than the fever and cough. A lot of people are worse off than I am with COVID 19 and end up with really high fevers etc. I know before I got it I was looking for people with it and going through benzo withdrawals to see if it made it worse. That doesn't seem to be the case with me. Yet. But I'll keep you updated.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Benzo withdrawal and COVID 19- I have it.
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 07:50:38 pm »
Get well!   Take care!
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 08:35:40 pm »
[...], hope you get well soon! I am happy to hear it's not worse, maybe you are one of the lucky ones.

Sending love and healing vibes,
 :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 08:39:53 pm »
I had 2 family members with Covid, one is recovered now, one still suffering.
It seems to take some weeks until the last symptoms are gone, take good care of yourself and don't do too much if you feel better already.
I wish you a quick healing, let us know how it is going. You are not alone :smitten:

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 08:47:02 pm »
You're a brave soul, [...]. Hope you are okay. Thinking of you.

:smitten:

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 09:14:57 pm »
Strength and Well Wishes [...]..
Trust your body, -It IS pretty amazing when push comes to shove...

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 10:52:56 pm »
Thank you everyone. Even though I posted this this morning that I was doing ok. The virus is moving into bad flu like feelings. This time it feels different from withdrawals. But not worse. Hopefully it stays that way. I thought I'd post here so as people get it they can post too. This way we can have an idea how it goes for other people as they go through withdrawals as well. A lot of people have it already, though they can't get tested for it. I'm going to hold at the dosage I am now and not take a cut for a week or two.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 10:56:40 pm »
It might be a good idea to write out your taper schedule in case you need to go to the hospital, how are you tapering, is it dry cuts, it might be advantageous to prepare ahead just in case. 

I'm sorry you're sick, I hope it stays mild for you.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 11:01:58 pm »
Thank you everyone. Even though I posted this this morning that I was doing ok. The virus is moving into bad flu like feelings. This time it feels different from withdrawals. But not worse. Hopefully it stays that way. I thought I'd post here so as people get it they can post too. This way we can have an idea how it goes for other people as they go through withdrawals as well. A lot of people have it already, though they can't get tested for it. I'm going to hold at the dosage I am now and not take a cut for a week or two.

May I ask in which country you are?

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 11:23:55 pm »
Hope you feel better soon and keep us posted.