Scary symptoms at night

[an...]

I’m in a wave right now with anxiety, muscle pain, vertigo, insomnia, fatigue, etc.  At night when I do manage to fall asleep I awaken (wide awake) within a couple hours with heart palps, my feet are burning /tingling, and I see images while my eyes are closed that looks like a movie on fast forward. I also hear myself saying "you're losing your mind". I have no history of metal illness.  It's awful and so scary. If anyone else has or has had this please let me know. Sending hugs to everyone 💓

Yes, I’ve had every single one of those issues. The waking up too soon wide awake is awful. What helped for me was deciding that those middle of the night awakenings were my cue to practice diaphragmatic breathing exercises. Even if they didn’t put me back to sleep, which they often didn’t, my body was getting rest lying there and the exercises were calming. I made a concerted effort to abandon the, “oh noooo!!! I’m awake and SO don’t want to be!!!” with a resigned “welp, breathing exercise time.” Eventually they did start putting me back to sleep, in a light dozing kind of way.

All of my worse mental symptoms happened at night. I would have flashes in my brain, images that were thrown at me with lightening speed that I couldn't control, insidious, downright psychotic feelings. My thoughts were, "you aren't this bad during the day, this is just at night." But then I would doze off and it would start all over. This happened to me every night for the first 6 months off and has slowly gotten better. I would sometimes wander my house at night and everything was crazy and sinister feeling but it felt better than dozing and having those images and thoughts looping over and over. It was pure psychological torture. It only happens once and awhile now and when it does, I force myself to fully wake up and I sit up or turn on a light or walk around until my brain "resets." Its so awful and bizarre but you're definitely not alone.

All of my worse mental symptoms happened at night. I would have flashes in my brain, images that were thrown at me with lightening speed that I couldn't control, insidious, downright psychotic feelings. My thoughts were, "you aren't this bad during the day, this is just at night." But then I would doze off and it would start all over. This happened to me every night for the first 6 months off and has slowly gotten better. I would sometimes wander my house at night and everything was crazy and sinister feeling but it felt better than dozing and having those images and thoughts looping over and over. It was pure psychological torture. It only happens once and awhile now and when it does, I force myself to fully wake up and I sit up or turn on a light or walk around until my brain "resets." Its so awful and bizarre but you're definitely not alone.

It truly is awful. I'm sorry you still experience this. I'm glad it's improving for you. It scares me every time it happens.

I thought I would loose my mind. I had hallucinations, hear voices, felt vibrations... it was totally weird. Looking back this was "just" Withdrawal and the best thing was to hold on and to try not to worry too much. Easy said, I know. I am 4 years off all meds now. Looking back I can't hardly believe how my withdrawal was. But it is over now and I hope it will become easier for you soon :therethere:

I thought I would loose my mind. I had hallucinations, hear voices, felt vibrations... it was totally weird. Looking back this was "just" Withdrawal and the best thing was to hold on and to try not to worry too much. Easy said, I know. I am 4 years off all meds now. Looking back I can't hardly believe how my withdrawal was. But it is over now and I hope it will become easier for you soon :therethere:

Thank you 😊🙏 I'm so glad you're feeling better now. I try to tell myself I am healing but in those moments it's hard to do.

Thank you 😊🙏 I'm so glad you're feeling better now. I try to tell myself I am healing but in those moments it's hard to do.

Its like we have 2 selfs in these moments. one suffering and one trying to take care. Both are doing a great job! :smitten:

Its like we have 2 selfs in these moments. one suffering and one trying to take care. Both are doing a great job! :smitten:

Very true 🤗

I’m in a wave right now with anxiety, muscle pain, vertigo, insomnia, fatigue, etc.  At night when I do manage to fall asleep I awaken (wide awake) within a couple hours with heart palps, my feet are burning /tingling, and I see images while my eyes are closed that looks like a movie on fast forward. I also hear myself saying "you're losing your mind". I have no history of metal illness.  It's awful and so scary. If anyone else has or has had this please let me know. Sending hugs to everyone 💓

Oh man, I feel for you so much. I used to have this so bad, especially early on. Completely a symptom of withdrawal. It goes away, hang in there.

Oh man, I feel for you so much. I used to have this so bad, especially early on. Completely a symptom of withdrawal. It goes away, hang in there.

I'm doing just that. Thanks so much 😊