5 weeks after jumping, headaches and scared to leave home

[Je...]

Hi all. Overall I think I’m doing better, on the road to healing. But for the past 3 days I have had headaches round the clock, even when I wake up. Has anyone else experienced this? I haven’t had these this bad since before I jumped. Also, with the Coronavirus madness going on, I am thankful to still be able to go to work but at the same time I am terrified all the time. Please help!

Jenniferrr,

Congratulations on 5 weeks!  You're still really early in your withdrawal journey and one of the exasperating things about it is that it's not a straight path to healing.  There are stops and starts, zigs and zags, and sometimes it feels like you're spinning your wheels or even going backwards.  It helps to accept that the healing process isn't linear. 

Headaches and head symptoms of various kinds are really common withdrawal symptoms as well as anxiety about being away from the comfort and safety of home - of course all this is magnified by the specter of coronavirus.  It's such a stressful time for everyone.  And it's on top of the struggle most of us are having in dealing with withdrawal.  It's all so unfair.  But you're not alone and those further along the path of healing can help you.

Take care,

Brighterday