Music too much?

[th...]

Hi all

I am now 6 mo off of benzos  .25 xanax for 3 years, then switched to .25 klonopin for 1.5 years

nearly 5 years total

It has been rough

I have been dealing with a number of mental and physical symptoms

Sometimes when I listen to music I like, beats, techno,,,,I start to sweat, become overwhelmed and almost "trip out" like I am in another dimension

I guess it is just too much at times for my nervous system

who has felt this before?

[b3...]
Everything was too much in the early months , even a crossword would scare me , it’s gets better before you know it.

Yep, I was super sensitive to sound and vibration.  I normally liked my music loud but couldn't tolerate loud music for the first 8 months.  Music does vibrate and this would send my cns into a vibrating of it's own.  Very uncomfortable.

At 15 months, I listen at a moderate sound level with no problem.  Hang in there.  Hope this improves for you too.

Yeah, unbearable. Even my own voice speaking quietly sounds like shouting g down a distorted megaphone into my own head.

Partner’s clothes rustling, him scratching beard too much and cause terror.

I do not know A THING which was NOT too much in withdrawal. Voices, sounds, noise, smells, heat, cold, fabrics, food...  :tickedoff:

Listen to the signs of your body. Do not freak out when your body seems to overreact on something, just give it time and take care. The nervous system is vulnerable in withdrawal, but this becomes better with time :smitten: