28 months post-jump update: Mix of daily windows and waves

[pl...]

At 28 months, I appear to have plateaued for some time now. Every day I follow more or less the same pattern. I wake up so-so after sleeping for a total of 5-6 hours punctuated by an hour or two of insomnia. After a cup of coffee, I feel pretty good for about 2-3 hours, but then I feel this wave of fatigue, head pressure and tinnitus come on, and I'm forced to lie down for an hour or two. After it lifts somewhat, I am able to function on and off for the rest of the day, but it's a challenge and I frequently take breaks to lie down and occasionally nap. In summary, my days are a mix of windows and waves. I eventually fall asleep around midnight and sleep until about 8 am but waking up 2-3 times, again for about 5-6 hours. I haven't felt a change in this pattern for months. I'm not really disabled anymore but I feel like I live with a chronic illness that saps me of much of my vitality. Does anyone else follow this pattern?

I have a similar pattern. I do at times feel great and completely normal, exuberant about life, then tinnitus head discomfort and fatigue.  Its been this weay for about a year..

In addition, every eve when I lay down i have heart palps and head stuff until i fall asleep, thankfully i sleep fairly well, but sometimes awoken with the same sxs. Try not to wollow in dispair during those times. Sometimes helps to just get up and distract.

I'm at 26 months and I'm sleeping much better than I did a year ago.  I also get about 5-6 hours of sleep per night (waking several times during).  A year ago I was getting about 1-3 hours.  Most nights I take half a benadryl or 3mg of melantonin to help sleep.

Over the past month I've been increasing my caffeine with tea or a little coffee.  I have to be very careful because it does ramp up all my symptoms.

Most mornings I feel like I have a horrible hangover.  It's super hard to get out of bed.  My body is also very stiff.  I feel like I aged 40 years over the past 2 years and I have wrinkles on my face to prove it :(

During the day I also get very tired and nap a lot.  I have a lot of fatigue. 

I would say my worst symptoms are the morning hangover, the fatigue and tiredness, and the body stiffness.  I've also been this way now for about 4 months and trying to be patient.  I still have about 30 other symptoms, but they are all just a little better than before.

I have a similar pattern. I do at times feel great and completely normal, exuberant about life, then tinnitus head discomfort and fatigue.  Its been this weay for about a year..

Very comforting to know I'm not alone with this pattern, especially after 28 months of recovery.  Thank you for responding. 

I'm at 26 months and I'm sleeping much better than I did a year ago.  I also get about 5-6 hours of sleep per night (waking several times during).  A year ago I was getting about 1-3 hours.  Most nights I take half a benadryl or 3mg of melantonin to help sleep.

Over the past month I've been increasing my caffeine with tea or a little coffee.  I have to be very careful because it does ramp up all my symptoms.

Most mornings I feel like I have a horrible hangover.  It's super hard to get out of bed.  My body is also very stiff.  I feel like I aged 40 years over the past 2 years and I have wrinkles on my face to prove it :(

During the day I also get very tired and nap a lot.  I have a lot of fatigue. 

I would say my worst symptoms are the morning hangover, the fatigue and tiredness, and the body stiffness.  I've also been this way now for about 4 months and trying to be patient.  I still have about 30 other symptoms, but they are all just a little better than before.

Thank you for answering my post. This helps a lot! 

25 months and I still have a hyperawareness of my heart beat. I feel my pulse in my limbs and chest. And occasionally get pounding in my ears (but this is mostly gone now).

High pitched ringing in ears left over and also internal tremors occasionally.

Most of my symptoms are dependent on my neck posture. If I look down too long, it triggers my tremors and pounding ears.

But seriously I’m 90x better than I was......wow.