Klonopin tapering suggestion needed

[bb...]

I have been on klonopin .5mg for 2 months and 1 mg for 1.5 months before starting a taper beginning of March.

I am currently micro tapering and down almost 18%.

I am obviously going a little fast in the beginning. I don’t like the idea of tapering for more time than being on the full dose(3.5 months)

I have read a lot of stories here and most successful stories seem to go the slowest route. However does it make sense for to be withdrawing for 1 year if I was on the medicine for 3.5 months? Would I not be getting more and more dependent if I prolong the tapering??

Suggestions??

[7c...]

I think one should taper as quickly as their body/mind allows.  5-10% per week or two is a decent guideline, but each individual has to determine the best path (and it varies a LOT).  I suspect that many people who haven't developed tolerance can taper much more rapidly - only problem is that we don't know who has/hasn't developed tolerance or at what level. 

Go reasonably slow and listen to your body.  Personally, I think there's no better approach than a micro taper since you get pretty quick feedback on your daily cuts.  If/when you hit a 'tolerance point', you'll know if pretty quickly and won't have taken your dose down very much further.

I have been on klonopin .5mg for 2 months and 1 mg for 1.5 months before starting a taper beginning of March.

I am currently micro tapering and down almost 18%.

I am obviously going a little fast in the beginning. I don’t like the idea of tapering for more time than being on the full dose(3.5 months)

I have read a lot of stories here and most successful stories seem to go the slowest route. However does it make sense for to be withdrawing for 1 year if I was on the medicine for 3.5 months? Would I not be getting more and more dependent if I prolong the tapering??

Suggestions??

I actually think with relatively short term usage taper as quickly as you feel comfortable.