tapering/anxiety and isolation

[Vi...]

Hello,

Anyone else having a really challenging time with social isolation with the coronavirus and trying to taper at same time.  My anxiety seems to be getting worse as I am trying to hold at .25mg  of Ativan per day.  My thoughts are all over the place and I feel low at times.  I am walking to distract me at times but the days are long when trying to telework.  Any support will be well received.

Thanks  Vivica

Hi.  I am having a really hard time, too.  I try to not check this news, but it’s tough not to.  All I want to see is something positive, and it’s not happening.  This is tough on everyone, especially those of us with anxiety, and withdrawal symptoms, to top it off!  I wish I had good advice.  I just feel like I wake up and try to survive so another day passes in this hellish state we are all in.  Staying preoccupied is the only answer, but it’s tough in isolation.  God bless you!  I know your pain.

My advice to you is to stop tapring no need to rush things especially at this hard times thats what i did take a break till things settle down with this damm virus

Best of luck

[be...]

I agree with Jondoe.  If you need to wait until things return to some semblance of normal, that is fine.  I am down to just a nighttime dose of Klonopin now but have slowed my taper down significantly.  Trouble sleeping seems like too much right now.  Plus, good sleep is important for a healthy immune system.

:thumbsup:

The average person is struggling with deep anxiety right now.  I’m sure benzo-affected folks are feeling it far worse.

Taking a taper break is entirely reasonable.

:smitten:

I decided to stop tapering last week in order to feel as well and strong as possible. It's not perfect but I am much more stable.

Now I'm thinking of writing something down about my dose of Valium, in case of the possibility I do need medical care, I don't want to go CT at the same time.

I decided to stop tapering last week in order to feel as well and strong as possible. It's not perfect but I am much more stable.

Now I'm thinking of writing something down about my dose of Valium, in case of the possibility I do need medical care, I don't want to go CT at the same time.

I think this is a good idea. 

[be...]

Yes, I agree that is an excellent idea Nigella.  Thank you for mentioning it.

:thumbsup: