Newly Benzo free and feel great (knocks on wood)

[Se...]

I followed the Ashton method pretty much to the letter (did 1/2 mg every 4 to 6 days instead of 1 mg every week to two) and am benzo free now going on my 3rd day. Day one was a little rough. Yesterday pretty good. Today I feel great. I slept through the night last night. I planned on waiting until I was 2 months free to post my story on the success story page, and I still will if all goes well, but I feel so relieved now I wanted to share (since I'm adhering to the coronavirus self shelter rule here and have little to do) . I'm not foolish enough to think I'm completely free from the damage of being hooked on benzos, but I am cautiously optimistic. Thank you Dr. Ashton!

four month taper from Ativan, I did clonazepam taper which took me 11 months and that was not long enough. Be prepared, you may have some tough days. BUT you jumped which is GREAT.

Congratulations, never look back.

Congratulations Seemam! 

I’m almost at two months benzo free.  The first two weeks were the most difficult.  Once past that, I just had to put up with the withdrawal symptoms...benzo belly, sleep issues, etc...but they are getting better. 

Good luck to you!  Can’t wait to read your success story!

I followed the Ashton method pretty much to the letter (did 1/2 mg every 4 to 6 days instead of 1 mg every week to two) and am benzo free now going on my 3rd day. Day one was a little rough. Yesterday pretty good. Today I feel great. I slept through the night last night. I planned on waiting until I was 2 months free to post my story on the success story page, and I still will if all goes well, but I feel so relieved now I wanted to share (since I'm adhering to the coronavirus self shelter rule here and have little to do) . I'm not foolish enough to think I'm completely free from the damage of being hooked on benzos, but I am cautiously optimistic. Thank you Dr. Ashton!

Congrats on your success and for sheltering at home!

:highfive:

Hi Seeman3,

Its great to see you again, and I'm thrilled to hear you're benzo free and doing so well.  I can see humility too, you don't want to tempt fate by being over confident, but you've done such a great job, I just wanted to stop by to congratulate you on your benzo freedom!

Keep us posted and I look forward to that sucess story.  So many people have trouble when they switch to Valium to taper, it will be great to be able to point them to your story when they feel like giving up.  :thumbsup:

Pamster

Thanks for all the kind words. On day 4 now and a few symptoms have come back (headache, jitteriness, muscle cramps) but they are mild. Takes valium longer to cycle through so I'm not surprised a little withdrawal is creeping back in, but it is very manageable. It helps tremendously with coping knowing I've made the jump and that this final stage of healing has truly started. I feel clearer in my mind and am definitely looking forward, not back.

Glad to hear that!  It gets even more manageable after a few weeks.  Yes, the symptoms will still be there, but they will be weaker and not last as long. 

Well congratulations to you too SJS!  I am coming up on two months soon...not that I am counting or anything like that!  ;)

How awesome!!  Congratulations 🥳.  Even if you feel some discomfort , you’ve made the jump.  Enjoy the days of being both benzo free and feeling well.  Isn’t it great not to reach for that benzo anymore?  Happy for you 🙂.