Feel Like I'm Losing It

[bo...]

I'm now 2 years off benzos and the past week I feel like I'm losing my mind. I don't know if this has anything to do with corona virus or not. I'm still going into work for four hours a day, but I feel like I'm losing it at home with my family all day. I didn't feel this bad during the week prior to this happening. I just feel like the moment I get home I want to hide out in my room all day. I don't know what to do at this point. I'm very scared about the symptoms.

I understand. I have been feeling the same for the last week too. Not sure what is going on. Crazy symptoms too. We will get through this. Hang tight buddy.

I've been feeling a lot worse too.  I don't think we can underestimate the impact something like this corona virus situation will have on us, our damaged nervous systems are being bomabarded with fear, stress and hysteria from all angles, its pretty hard to avoid!  Try to look after yourself best you can, whatever gives you some form of peace, do that ALOT! 

People who never took a benzo in their lives are deeply affected with anxiety and stress right now. Understandable that those with extra sensitive nervous systems will feel it even more.

Use your coping techniques more often, stay inside, do what you can to help and support anyone else getting through this. My daughter is assigned to the Covid19 unit in her hospital...be glad you can stay home. I wish she could.

The increase in anxiety has been making me feel crazy, too. I have been increasing my time alone in another bedroom so I can be away from my partner for a bit. He works from home and I am also at home, so not much has changed in regards to quarantine and social-distancing.

I am so much more agitated and exhausted.

This is stressful for everyone, no doubt, and so much more for us.

I am so thankful for our healthcare professionals and cannot imagine the extreme levels of stress they are dealing with. I have to keep it all in perspective. I can handle this by utilizing my coping mechanisms. This too, will pass eventually. We will have a new normal come out of this, but first and foremost, take care of yourself.

I don't have any answers for how to deal with family and our unregulated emotions during this...except try to remain calm and stay as kind as possible and practicing self-soothing and distraction.

Just wanted to chime in and express sympathy/empathy!

Hang in there, BBB.