Question about my symptoms

[th...]

Hi all

6 mo free of klonopin after .25 daily use for 5 yrs

Things were a bit better, 4 weeks ago I took a .25 rescue does of xanax and things have gotten much worse since, it's breaking my heart

the symptoms that were managable are super ramped up now,,,,,dizziness, head pressure, anxiety, air hunger, DR

has anyone noticed that when trying to do a small project, with your hands like put together a toy with a screwdriver that it feel like I cant even concentrate, I get dizzy, with head pressures, anxious and agitated this has gotten worse lately

I noticed that my sinuses are acting strange, like clogged,,,,I smoke 2 cigs a day for 20 yrs never had an issue, now it feels like my airways are restricted

I hate to think that this .25 screwed me up, but Im 6 mo out and it feels like things are harder now, who can relate with some of this?

Thank you all

Thedaydreamer

I believe it wasn't the rescue dose that messed you up, I feel what you're going through is a horrible wave brought on through no fault of your own.  This is just what happens, we have no control over it, and you didn't cause this to happen to you, okay?

Six months is such a long time to be in pain, but it's fairly early when it comes to this process, I know that's discouraging to hear.  From what I've seen around here, it takes over a year for many of us to start seeing major improvement, but please don't be discouraged.  Improvement is happening all of the time, but some of it is so imperceptible we can't recognize it.  Top that off with a major withdrawal symptom being our brains refusal to see anything positive at this time.

I had difficulty doing projects too, but there were my lifesaver and only source of a sense of accomplishment.  They took longer with more mistakes but the positive feeling I got from completing them kept me going.

Stay with it, keep distracting yourself as best you can and hold on, you'll get there.

Thank you so much

I am so intelligent, and now I feel like I cant think straight at all,,,,the anxiety and racing thoughts have increased, I dont want to get scared that I am getting worse

there has to be hope I can get myself back

Daydreamer

I’m tapering clonazepam.5 daily.  I have also previously tapered this dose.  First time was 9 years.  This time was 2 years, but that includes a taper to almost nothing, updose and again taper to .112 now.  There was. 6 years between that complete taper and reinstated.

I don’t know about your symptoms.  I did not have them.  I get lots of symptoms that I do not equate with benzos.  I get blocked sinuses because of allergies or food sensitivity. 

I have been tired or spaced or forgetful. 

It passes.  Ups and downs.  I dont believe that all symptoms  are benzo related.  I believe our fear and overthinking are related.

Many people get free of benzos rather quickly.  There are definitely easier and complete recoveries.  Those folks don’t go to benzo support groups, because they feel fine in general.  Here we have people who have the worst case situations.

Please don’t tell yourself it will take forever or to expect hard times.  Allow symptoms to come and go.

I was fine off benzos, and as I had an initial easy taper years ago, went back on for some anxiety.  I didn’t need to.  This taper is a bit harder but still I’m ok.  I won’t ever go back on these once I’m benzo free again. 

Read success stories.

Have a good day!!