Getting rid of extra meds

[He...]

A couple of weeks ago I took a lot of off - cuts of clonazepam and Ativan to the pharmacy.  I actually never took the Ativan, thank god.  The clonazepam were weird doses and I had been hoarding them in case ...  what?  I felt like it was a big step in my recovery.  I showed myself there is no in case....I am tapering and that will be the end.  I like not having them in my cupboard. 

[81...]

That is a huge step Healing64.  It shows your commitment to getting off/staying off benzos.  I'm not all the way off yet but every time I think of taking "extra" I ask myself if I want to risk going back to the way it was before and the answer is a resounding NO.

:thumbsup:

I did that myself. I also had a lot of drugs, way too many.

It was freeing to let go of the meds, like you, some of them I never touched. Why would someone give me 3 different benzos anyway. Clonazepam, diazepam for migraines (caused by tolerance and withdrawal),ativan for panic attacks (again caused by tolerance and withdrawal).  I kept the diazepam to use for my taper and everything else was disposed of properly.

pianogirl  :smitten:

Marigold

Haha 😆.  That was funny. 

When I handed over the bottle of meds, the pharmacist looked at me sideways.  I said ‘hey I don’t need all these extras.  I’m tapering’.  She goes ‘wow, ok’.  I think I messed with her assumptions about people who take benzos lol. 

I threw my last ativan on a duck. Still have a bad conscious about that. Its better to bring the stuff into a pharmacy, but hell, this moment was glorious.

[81...]

Healing64 and Marigold ... both of you brightened my day with your humor and in these difficult times, that is a very good thing!!!  Bless both of you.

:smitten:

Healing64 and Marigold ... both of you brightened my day with your humor and in these difficult times, that is a very good thing!!!  Bless both of you.

We should create a topic like "funny moments in withdrawal" or "glorious moments"...

I once faded into a shelf with cucumbers in the supermarket. One guy wanted to give me his phone number. Of course I do not know HOW I fell into the cucumbers, but ladies, it must have been spectacular...  8)

Or the day, my psychiatrist told me I should start to stand up for myself and I said some very true words to him about his collection of little figures on his desk and what this tells people about his personality...

I mean, while being in the midst of it, it did not feel funny. But after some years, it really is funny. :laugh:

[81...]

LOLOL Marigold!  Yes, a thread about funny moments is a great idea but I think we already have that going here!!

:thumbsup:

Falling into cucumbers while being hit on for your #?    😂

Omg that’s hilarious!! 

You gotta laugh 😆

I wanted to make absolutely sure that nobody else could lay their hands on that awful stuff, so I put the ativan leftovers in a bag full of trash and put a used diaper on top of it for good measure.  :laugh:

[81...]

I wanted to make absolutely sure that nobody else could lay their hands on that awful stuff, so I put the ativan leftovers in a bag full of trash and put a used diaper on top of it for good measure.  :laugh:

LOLOL! 

a great idea! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hilarious!  Ewwww!  I think there are loads of funny moments like that!  Like dropping half a pill on the kitchen floor and having to spend hours searching.  Because you don’t want the cat to get it and wonder if he already did.  He’s been laying there for hours!!!  🤔.

[81...]

Hilarious!  Ewwww!  I think there are loads of funny moments like that!  Like dropping half a pill on the kitchen floor and having to spend hours searching.  Because you don’t want the cat to get it and wonder if he already did.  He’s been laying there for hours!!!  🤔.

LOLOL!!  Another great one.  I've done the mad pill-on-the-floor search waay more than once. 

I once took an Ativan out of the trash and swallowed it.

Very nice to remember that.

And the numerous times I cut half of a pill in 2 pieces and could not decide which one was the bigger one to take or if it was safe to take the other one... one day I split a pill and one piece sprang into my eye and I had to go to the pharmacy with that eye and ask for a new package of ativan and a new pill cutter.

These moments show everyone you have a real problem

:tickedoff:

Marigold!!!  OMG that’s too funny!    Ya, it’s embarrassing.  ‘Um my Ativan hit me in the eye’.  Oh the pill cuts and trying to decide if it’s too much or too little.  No one could possibly laugh at this but us 😂.

The other day I looked through my medicine cabinet in preparation for the corona lockdown and I found two (!!!) unopened boxes of Ativan (it's called Temesta here and comes in little cardboard boxes).

They must have given me so many that I literally had hundreds of pills left when I was finished tapering!  :tickedoff:

And I could not even remember where I put them!!!  :sick:

Now I'm planning on doing some kind of ritual with them.

- Throwing it at ducks is not an option since we are in lockdown and also the poor duck might not appreciate the gesture. 

- My kids don't wear diapers anymore, so that's not an option either.

- Burning? No, since I live in an appartment on the 3rd floor and having open fires is very much "verboten".

- Flushing? This could start a revolution since our water is "recycled" and then re-fed into the loop of drinking water, and they already have a hard time fishing all the hormones from contraception pills out of it, so if suddenly everybody in my town is on benzos thanks to my little ritual, who knows what's gonna happen? The government could be overturned! I could be on trial for witchcraft! No, thanks.

I am open for other suggestions.  ;)

On a more positive note, I can tell you that I have no intention whatsoever to keep the stuff, let alone swallow it.

Corona be damned and all, not even if I'd be scared to near death I'd take benzos. And that, my friends, is a great feeling.

I threw my last ativan on a duck. Still have a bad conscious about that. Its better to bring the stuff into a pharmacy, but hell, this moment was glorious.

I hope the duck didn't think you were throwing food, and eat it. Marigold the Duck Killer, oh my...

I hope the duck didn't think you were throwing food, and eat it. Marigold the Duck Killer, oh my...

Uhm. First the pill hit that animal on the head and then it went fishing, got it and swallowed it. Then made a QUAK sound and slowly swam away. Very chilled though. :o

Hmm what to do with a forgotten stash of benzos during an unexpected pandemic lockdown.  :o  Who knew???!  But isn’t it awesome to know you are not taking those no matter what!   

I’m so proud of you!!!