Ashton Manual

[Wh...]

Hi Everyone. I was prepared to start my liquid taper when I was diagnosed with COPD shortly thereafter. This has created a lot of anxiety for me and I am afraid to start the taper now because I know anxiety is a  a withdrawal symptom. I've decided to approach a dr. about tapering using the Ashton Manual protocol. I've noticed her schedules are set up to split the meds up 3 times a day. I have always taken Klonopin at bedtime. Do I need to split my dose up into 3 doses or can I just take it all at bedtime? Thank you so much! Just want to be prepared for my dr. when I see her.

[57...]
You do not need to dose 3x per day.  Once is fine.  2-3x is better for people with general anxiety.  If you use 'K' primarily for sleep, then you'll probably want to continue using it at bedtime.

I take clonazepam, too.  You do not have to split up the one dose.  It’s a long acting, long half life benzo.  It’s best to stay with one dose if this has always been the way you e taken it.    I do not divide mine.  I am also using a liquid taper of clonazepam compounded by the pharmacy.