ok to own this?

[tw...]

Is it okay to own that right now, (I'm not going to but ...) it occurs to me how nice it would be to take a non-tapering does of lorazepam and get a break from this awful constant anxiety and depression?

How long have you been at this dose?  It’s totally ok to wish for relief.  It’s ok to want to feel better.  And it’s not unusual to imagine updosing as a solution.  We are used to reaching for the med to get relief.  It’s part of tapering to have those ideas. 

However, it very often doesn’t work.  You may feel worse!  It’s a gamble.  Then the next time comes when you want to feel better.  Do you keep making that gamble?  When does acceptance come? 

It’s good to say it out loud, though.  It can help off load the urge to do that. 

How long have you been at this dose?  It’s totally ok to wish for relief.  It’s ok to want to feel better.  And it’s not unusual to imagine updosing as a solution.  We are used to reaching for the med to get relief.  It’s part of tapering to have those ideas. 

However, it very often doesn’t work.  You may feel worse!  It’s a gamble.  Then the next time comes when you want to feel better.  Do you keep making that gamble?  When does acceptance come? 

It’s good to say it out loud, though.  It can help off load the urge to do that.

Hi, Healing64,

I've been at this dose for three weeks. I also think, I'll be 65 tomorrow, why am I putting myself through this? What could possibly be after?

Thank you for your thoughtful answer.  :smitten:

Well, I'm 71 and I expect really good things to come after this is over.  I already feel like I am thinking more clearly and although my moods fluctuate and my anxiety can often be great and debilitating, I have so many really good days. 

I understand how you feel; there were times when I almost gave up and a few times when I had to updose, but I think you'll be very pleased with yourself when the journey of tapering is over. 

All the best...

Happy birthday!!  I turned 65 yesterday.  To me, it’s worth it.  As a birthday present to myself, I tapered 10%.  You’ll get there.  3 weeks is not a long time on a reduced dose.  Wait it out a bit longer.  What a difference a week can make!  Keep us posted here 🙂.

I'm 72. As miserable as my taper was, it was completely worth it. I resumed my career as an author -- who could ask for more? Hang in there, folks. I can't be  that unusual.

:smitten:

Katz

happy birthday brave lady! sending love & strength straight at you! you are almost at the finish line! what a beautiful gift to give yourself soon! try and stay the course! you can do this!  :smitten: