One year anniversary of starting taper

[...]

March 8th marked one year when I began my taper. I did it badly and on my own. I didn’t let anyone know what I was going through until July when it became unbearable and I couldn’t work. I’ve been completely off klonopin since August first, with my withdrawal symptoms getting better but still enough to make things harder.

Sometimes I wonder if I’m making all of it up because this has been so awful.

Regardless, I’m achieving goals and getting better. And I’m immensely proud of

myself for ending 5 year abuse.

Hope you’re all doing well and are safe and happy.

Aya

Congratulations on one year anniversary of starting your taper!  Getting off of benzos is one of the hardest things many of us have ever done.  Getting out of an abusive relationship is also huge.  You achieved two enormous important things and although I imagine none of it easy or joyful you've earned the right to feel immensely proud!

I'm glad your symptoms are getting better - it can be amazing to look back and see where you were 6 months ago.  Much healing behind you and more to come.

Thanks for sharing!

Brighterday

Congratulations on a year anniversary. 

While there may be some who do a taper well, I think many, including myself, stumble our way through.

You achieved a huge accomplishment.

Final Healing

8 months! GREAT. I was a 4mg/day clonanepam user...I tapered for 11 months. It was difficult but the next 4 months were a roller coaster. I am now one year benzo free...Had a tough one year anniversary but I am much, much better that last year...

Hang tough keep us posted...