Important Survey - Please Participate ×
Dr. David Healy - Raising Awareness of Inappropriate or Harmful Deprescribing Practices ×

Is there 24 month wave...?

[su...]

Is there 24 month wave or maybe just me, i have been struggling significantly for the last month, difficulty sleeping, worrying and sometimes severe anxiety, is this normal ? will be there anymore healing after this point or this is it ? maybe this is my original GAB taking place, anyway i am always trying to learn how to deal with these emotions and strengthening my connection with divine .   

We have many members on the protracted board who can speak to this topic, but yes, it can happen from what I've seen.  Were you feeling better prior to this wave?

Could you do me a favor and add your medication history so members will know at a glance instead of reading back through your posts?  Here are the instructions: Add your history/signature 

I had awful mental health symptoms at month 24 and now they’re kind of gone...idk. Which is weird because the world is currently on fire but mentally I feel a bit better

The worst wave I have ever had hit me at 25 months off. I feel much better now it lasted about 2 months for me. I think mine was triggered by cleaning chemicals.

Thank you guys for support, it's much better to know that this is not happening with ME alone, and hopefully this will pass like it did for  others.

26 months out and I still get internal tremors sometimes, tinnitus and thumping in ear, and hyper awareness of my heartbeat. I just want to be normal. I’m not going to lose hope until like year 3.5!

Hi.  Excuse me for this English.  Right now I'm close to the 25th month after taking benzos for 28 years.  When I was between 12 and 14 months old I could relax, the anxiety levels were lower, the symptoms were generally bearable and I thought I was improving.  Now, for many months now, this has become unbearable again and I am struggling to put up with it as well as possible.  I try not to lose hope that this will be cured, but after 28 years it may take me longer.

Good health to all.

Everyone will have a different calendar.  Waves are generally provoked by stress so they can happen at any time and can be commensurate to the degree of stress that brings them on.  As time goes by they generally become less frequent and less intense.

:smitten:

26 months out and I still get internal tremors sometimes, tinnitus and thumping in ear, and hyper awareness of my heartbeat. I just want to be normal. I’m not going to lose hope until like year 3.5!

I was fine last year but now insomnia is back, hypnic jerks, irritability and extreme anxiety, i can barely sleep, i am looking up for a day where stress doesn't trigger a wave anymore ....am i gonna arrive there or because of my original GAB this wont happen ..?

• 4 weeks later...