Mindset and healing

[He...]

I realize that my mindset either calms me or stresses me.  It’s why distraction with positives helps so much.  If I’m distracted that way, my mindset shifts.  For me, it’s a choice.  Not perfect, no.  Sad things and stressful things still happen.  I believe I can choose whether or not to go all the way down the rabbit hole.  It’s so important to get in front of healing, to lead it.  While wd symptoms are real and hard, still we can choose to feel better and more empowered in our journey.  It’s so much about hope, focus on the positives and not feeling victim to the benzos..  I heard a dr say something the other day, about covid19, and maybe it applies to all healing.  “You are as healthy as you feel, not as sick as you fear”.

I used to be very positive. But this effect on my mind and body from being poly drugged has put me in another dimension, where I have tried my best, but feel I have no control of my nervous system, it just seems to do its own thing. When anxiety is high I try to breathing and meditation, or watch something positive and encouraging on YouTube, but it seems to have no effect. It gives me a feeling of being completely out of control of my life. First time this has every happened and it leaves me with a lot of fear and makes me doubt the future and if there is going to be a positive outcome.

Hmm.  I read your taper dates.  That looks fast to me.  Every 2 weeks at 10% is too much for some.  Just a thought.    I choose to nourish hope.  I have had a very hard life in general,  with many very dark times.  I’ve learned that the giving up feeling is part of the story, but I dont have to hold on to that.  I don’t expect cheery things to cheer me up.  I see that hope is easier to grasp if I focus on it.  For me.  And I hope for you, too.  Healing is happening. 

I took it more pragmatically. In withdrawal one needs all energy to recover, correct? So its the best simply to decide "do I want to run my energy into this or not". Has helped me a lot. You can do everything as long as you monitor if you are running out of energy. And if you notice something robs you energy, its totally okey to say "no, not for me today" and just dont do it. Trust your instinct! :smitten:

I used to be very positive. But this effect on my mind and body from being poly drugged has put me in another dimension, where I have tried my best, but feel I have no control of my nervous system, it just seems to do its own thing. When anxiety is high I try to breathing and meditation, or watch something positive and encouraging on YouTube, but it seems to have no effect. It gives me a feeling of being completely out of control of my life. First time this has every happened and it leaves me with a lot of fear and makes me doubt the future and if there is going to be a positive outcome.

I've learned it's best NOT to concentrate or even think about wd's. It just makes everything so much worse. IMO, it's better to let go of that mindset and let your mind and body heal and do its thing, since regardless of what you may think, this whole business is ultimately temporary. Try to keep that in mind when struggling and hopefully you'll be better for it. Just my 2 cents.

Hello, guys! What do you think about using [urlpushmag.com/]CBD[/url] for your mental health? I am looking for some ways to beat depression and anxiety. Maybe you can tell me more about it? I would appreciate any tips here, thank you!

Hi J

Do you mean CBT? It's definitely worth a try. I'll come back with a link to some free online stuff (if I can find it).

Meditation is wonderful but you have to give it time. I think we all want a quick fix when in the midst of crisis which is why ultimately we resort to drugs.

I'd say it took at least two months of doing meditation every day before I started to see benefits.

I think you need to start off doing just 5 or 10 minutes when you feel up to it. Then gradually increase. You have to stick to it even though at first it's deadly boring and you can't let go of thoughts.

Just stick at it.

I thought I'd just add that, when meditating/doing deep breathing exercises, it's important not to try to  push away the pain. I'm in the thick of it myself right now but know it will eventually go away of its own accord.

Look at it this way - if every day you meditate you knock just 1% off the pain (mental, physical or both), it will seem like nothing. But, over a period of days, it will add to something very substantial. In any case, we're not aiming for total eradication of the pain but a state where we can feel comfortable with it, so that it no longer prevents us pursuing other activities.

I think Boss Healing would agree with me.

If the question was about cbd oil?  Then I don’t recommend it.  Only because adding anything that affects your brain in its efforts to heal can be a problem.  If it was about cognitive brain therapy, then it can be helpful.  However, that’s personal, too.  It’s hard to manage cognitive brain function when your brain is struggling to just settle.  Meditation is calming for me.  I find it empowering and soothing.  Literally, minutes a day and can be assisted by meditation apps.