Prostate problems

[co...]

Hi,

I'm 27 and since the last 8 or 9 months my prostate has grew in size around 1/3... I'm waiting to see a urologist to check what's going on, but do any of you think that it could be due to the benzo withdrawal?

symptoms include the usual stuff that 60 year old men experience! = getting up 6 times a night, can't empty bladder properly, pain, slow stream, etc etc..

Anyone else have any problems or any idea about this? Doesn't the benzo withdrawal affect our hormones in weird ways?

As for the benzo question, I do think during my benzo recovery, there were months when I had an overactive bladder.  Yes, pee multiple times a night.

You are only 27 years old so I am thinking you might also have an infection.  When is your urologist appointment?

2 months away/

It's annoying me now. I've had a PSA blood test and it was fine, plus countless urine culture tests.

2 months away/

It's annoying me now. I've had a PSA blood test and it was fine, plus countless urine culture tests.

I can tell you I have had frequent urination, in particular at night, all during this benzo withdrawal and I have noticed, when the waves are bad, the urination is more often.

This is driving me crazy.. My bladder is in so much pain and the stream is very slow/ all that.

Does anyone else know if this can cause this? How does tapering benzos affect our hormone levels?

Prostate problems are difficult. Bladder is affected as well, especially with urinating issues. I used to get up more often but now only twice during sleeping hours. Wd's make everything extremely difficult to self-diagnose.

This is driving me crazy.. My bladder is in so much pain and the stream is very slow/ all that.

Does anyone else know if this can cause this? How does tapering benzos affect our hormone levels?

Have you tried to enter "Prostate" or "Bladder" into the benzo buddies search filter - I bet you can read many old posts on this topic and get tons of information from people who have talked about it over the years.

[df...]
i am at 13 months from my last dose of clonazepam cold turkey and i am having frequent urination pain in my belly button and what seems like gastritis. i dont trust doctors bc they just throw you medication to get more money. i am 32 yrs old. 

• 3 months later...
I have experienced the very same issues. Visited my urologist and he found no infection nor an enlarged prostate. I’m now convinced this is related to Valium w/d. I would get it checked by your doc to rule out an infection. It will get better over time like mine has. Good luck.