Question about sweeching to liquid

[Jo...]

Hello

Iam currently on diazepam 6.5 i want to try using whole milk my last try to sweeching to liquid was a disaster but i am having a hard time with the scale accuracy i read in someone's post that when sweeching to liquid you should updose 5 or 10 percent the cut from 7 to 6.5 was though and i dont want to updose my question is this is a must when you sweech to liquid or just a recommendation what's the reason to updose when you sweech to liquid

Any information would appreciated

Thanks

I've actually never heard of needing to up-dose when switching to liquid until this week, was this the post you read?  As to your accuracy problems are you weighing several pills and taking an average of the pill weight?

A fair number of people report that they feel like they don't get as much medicine when they switch from solid to liquid.  Personally, I think it's due to a loss of some sublingual absorption when you take the pill (versus the liquid).  If you taste the pills, you're probably absorbing some sublingually.  Sublingually-absorbed drugs by-pass first pass metabolism, and for some drugs that results in a higher blood level.

One work-around is to slightly updose the liquid until you feel you're getting the same 'coverage'.  It's usually only a small difference - 5 to 10 percent usually does the trick.

Weighing pieces/powder will also work.

How long do symptoms last???  Good question and I wish there was a good answer.  Might be just a few days, or you might still be feeling the cut when it's time for the next cut.

Don't add anxiety worrying about this tapering stuff.  You'll be a pro in just a few days.  Symptoms come and go.  Just try to take it a day at a time.

Yeah, the updose is new to me too..??

The majority of the few people that do have initial problems seem to do much better on a second attempt, from what I have seen..

Personally, I would just treat the change as a cut, ie. hold the dose for a week or two.. Kinda depends on ones sensitivity levels and/or past tapering history/problems, -if any..

Some take the whole tablet (or half) component dry, and titrate the remaining (changing) portion of the dose...

I have never tried milk myself though...

:)

I've actually never heard of needing to up-dose when switching to liquid until this week, was this the post you read?  As to your accuracy problems are you weighing several pills and taking an average of the pill weight?

A fair number of people report that they feel like they don't get as much medicine when they switch from solid to liquid.  Personally, I think it's due to a loss of some sublingual absorption when you take the pill (versus the liquid).  If you taste the pills, you're probably absorbing some sublingually.  Sublingually-absorbed drugs by-pass first pass metabolism, and for some drugs that results in a higher blood level.

One work-around is to slightly updose the liquid until you feel you're getting the same 'coverage'.  It's usually only a small difference - 5 to 10 percent usually does the trick.

Weighing pieces/powder will also work.

How long do symptoms last???  Good question and I wish there was a good answer.  Might be just a few days, or you might still be feeling the cut when it's time for the next cut.

Don't add anxiety worrying about this tapering stuff.  You'll be a pro in just a few days.  Symptoms come and go.  Just try to take it a day at a time.

I read it in someone's post this week i guss it was just his opinion

Thanks