Is this akathisia?

[Ac...]

My chest, my palps and my hole body feels worse when I’m sitting still. I feel this inner ugliness that I can’t explain but the only thing that helps is walking and movement. Sometimes I end up rocking back and forth like a loon out of desperation. Is that what people mean when they say akathisia?

I've had this for two years, not so much a need to rock, but a feeling of relief when I'm out walking and or moving. I feel better being outside in general. I think it's internal akathisia for me.

Had this in my 2 years after being med free. Its gone now. Just do what your body wants you to do. I am sorry, you need to go through that, too.

Hold on! :smitten:

My chest, my palps and my hole body feels worse when I’m sitting still. I feel this inner ugliness that I can’t explain but the only thing that helps is walking and movement. Sometime I end up rocking back and forth like a loon out of desperation. Is this akathisia?

Accused, that sentence calling it ":inner ugliness": took my breath away. I knew exactly what you meant. So much of benzo wd caused this weird, nasty sense of things not being right, they just feel all wrong but you cannot figure out how to stop this.

Akathisia is a very weird symptom. It feels like you cannot sit still, you feel you have to move about but that doesnt make it go away. Its a restless, restless feeling, like you want to jump out of your skin and scream bloody murder. And nothing makes it go away.

You have a way with words! "a like a loon out of desperation" is a marvelous, descriptive sentence. Are you a writer, or a creative person?

east

Whatever. Putting a name on a symptom doesnt make it go away. Because benzo wd really means your brain has to heal from the benzos, all sorts of strange symptoms can occur.

This is one symptom I never had until I took amoxicillin last week! I couldn’t sit still, and I couldn’t even stay focused on one thing. It was like my brain was on fire and I had to keep moving. Thankfully the day I quit my antibiotic it stopped. It was torture though!

I def have periods of time where it's best i keep moving...I had an AD once that gave me horrendous akasthesia.. I'll never forget it. Currently what I have is more of a restlessness. Walking outside is calming...

Yep, many hours and days, I could not sit without rocking back and forth or rubbing my hands repeatedly across my legs.  Reminded me of the autistic kids and adults I worked with.  I spoke with Jennifer Leigh about this because it was driving me nuts.  She advised me to keep on rocking if I felt the need.  I would also get up and move whenever I could.  Gotta channel it somewhere.

Good news...this sx faded and I no longer struggle with it.