benzo free for 6+ months

[as...]

Hi,

I joined this board early last year.

Was on a mix of benzo's for about 10 years, mainly K. My final thread about the last bit of the taper was - http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=221037.msg2841019#msg2841019

I didn't drag out the last part of the taper, around 0.25mg the dose felt purely placebo. It was tough reeling it out.

Pot made the experience a lot easier. I've smoked my whole life, even before benzo's, and I can finally feel the proper effects of it again.

I would estimate around 8 weeks after my final dose, I was feeling better. I remember playing video games for extensive hours and losing my appetite, pushing through with coffee (literally for the milk sustenance lol), sugary treats. I don't recommend any of this btw. Each to their own.

I still haven't really regained my appetite, but I was never a great eater.

The brain shocks and mini freak outs have disappeared, completely.

Life seems to cruise along more.

I feel my IQ and emotions took a permanent hit from the abuse or 'prescribed use' of the drug. Learning new things isn't too bad now, but there's some pretty huge blank spots in the period of my use when I try and think back.

There have been about 4-5 pills leftover of K which there's been no temptation to use.

My muscles seem to feel a lot more relaxed now. I've had MS for 20 years, and the more you try and take to relax your muscles, the worse they seemed to contract in the long term. I'm perfectly functional, just a bit rigid. Definitely able to stretch the muscles out properly and have a proper effect rather than the illusion that my muscles are relaxed.

In saying that - the best thing of all, the natural feeling of relaxation has returned.

Am I relaxed 100% of the time? hell no.

is anyone? not really!

I'm almost 37 now. I was 35 when I decided to quit. I was 21 when I had my first benzo.

Glad I can move forward. This is my small story.

Thats awesome news! I'm fairly new to BB so I love to read progress and success of all the ppl here! 100 percent would be awesome - but I think we all agree when we say we'll take "doing better" any day:)

Katrina