Does anyone suffer from vertigo during tapering?

[Ni...]

Hi all, does anyone suffer from vertigo during their taper?

I suffer from it from time to time whilst laying in bed when my eyes are closed.

Is this normal?

Thank you.

I am suffering from consistent vertigo, I am not sure if its part and part of a cranky vestibular system but any movement of my head causes dizziness.

Dizziness is a very common symptom during BWD. I had pretty severe dizziness at one point … it's improved greatly over time.

yes I have it too, especially when I bend down to pick anything up. It has improved in severity though as I slowed my taper.

I am tapering 1.5mg etizolam. I am now on .85mg after 5 weeks. Tapering about 2% everyday or every other day. I had some sessions of acupuncture and this improved it greatly too. I only have it now before I take my dose in the evening before sleeping.

Hi all, does anyone suffer from vertigo during their taper?

I suffer from it from time to time whilst laying in bed when my eyes are closed.

Is this normal?

Thank you.

I had severe vertigo while on Clonazepam and it's one reason why I quit.  I was in tolerance.  My vertigo was the scariest, worst experience ever.  I hope to never get that again.  :'(

Yes thank you for this post.  I had severe vertigo episodes while in my full Clonazepam heyday.  I am struggling with bouts of it now too almost daily.  It is getting better, lighter, as I taper.  I was given Clonazepam for vertigo.  Insane eh? 

Nik, there are different types of vertigo, what you said reminds me of Positional Vertigo.

I suggest reading about it on google, then looking for a YouTube video to show you how to help it.

If it is Postional, you can fix it.  If it doesn't sound like that, then many people have had it as a withdrawal symptom.  Mine just eventually went away.  Good luck, let us know how you are.

Mary 🍀🍀🍀

Hi Mary. What is positional vertigo? Do you know the symptoms? I've had vertigo non stop every day n really curious to know. Thank you.

Hi Mary. What is positional vertigo? Do you know the symptoms? I've had vertigo non stop every day n really curious to know. Thank you.

Put it in google, it explains it much better than I can and it will also tell you how you can work on relieving it yourself.  Also, by reading it, will give you a good idea if that is the vertigo you have.  There are different kinds, Positional is just one.  Lots of YouTube showing you how to help you fix it if it is Positional.  ;).

Ok. Thanks. I will look it up. I was told I have vestibular imbalance but that was before they knew about benzo withdrawal.  Just going to look it up n see if those are my symptoms.

I was started on all of this stuff because of vertigo. My vertigo is playing up big time - I can barely function. It's evil but you're not alone x