Stress-induced waves from covid-19

[al...]

Hi folks,

I have to say, I am really struggling with stress-induced waves from all of the covid-19 chaos going on in the world right now. Every morning I keep facing such awful dark, negative angry and hurt-filled thoughts towards myself and other people and the isolation only feels like it's making it worse. Throughout this whole benzo WD ordeal, I keep feeling like I'm slowly waking up from my own nightmare only to feel like I'm entering the rest of the world's nightmare and everything is starting to blend together.

On top of all of it, I have had a low-grade cold/flu during this wave now with an added layer of paranoia/anxiety on top of it because I'm obviously worried that I'm legitimately sick with something worse than simply what the benzos have done to me.

I'm just tired of being tired and feeling like I'm running out of the strength required to see this through to the finish line. Normally I can at least distract myself with exercise, but now my yoga studio is closed indefinitely and all I can do is try and play games to make the time pass when I'm not working.

I'm sure I'm not the only one on here feeling this way, so thanks for reading/listening.

Stress and anxiety are running rampant for everyone right now. Certainly those with sensitive nervous systems are more affected, and I’m seeing posts like yours all over the forum. Though not affected by withdrawal any longer, I am concerned for the four nurses in my family...one is my daughter. It brings me to tears to read some of the news coverage. So much is unknown still.

Treat your cold symptoms... vitamin C, lots of fluids, acetaminophen (not ibuprofen, it can lower the immune system), get as much rest as you can.

Deep breath...this too shall pass.

:hug:

As Challis said, take good care of yourself right now.

I do yoga in the basement.  Our gym is closed and I'm just getting back into forms of exercise after having surgery in January.  I like doing yoga there, I'm all alone and can dim the lights and create the right atmosphere.  A real bonus is that most of the time no one knows where I am.  ;)

These are unsettling times as best, we may have to change our lifestyles temporarily, for the common good. It will get better.

pianogirl  :smitten:

I understand what you are going through. Right now my anxiety is through the roof. I typically do ok but right now I feel like I’m being hit with a wave due to what is going on.

I feel strangely at peace.  :angel:

At last!  The rest of humanity knows real fear.  :laugh:

Suck on that toilet roll hoarders.  :D

[f0...]
Pianogirl and Challis deserve an award for everything they've done here over the years. Nothing but respect for you two ! Hamster and badsocref too !

[f0...]

I understand what you are going through. Right now my anxiety is through the roof. I typically do ok but right now I feel like I’m being hit with a wave due to what is going on.

Take the meditation route. Be with your anxiety. Let go of thoughts as they come. Works every time

Hi folks,

I have to say, I am really struggling with stress-induced waves from all of the covid-19 chaos going on in the world right now. Every morning I keep facing such awful dark, negative angry and hurt-filled thoughts towards myself and other people and the isolation only feels like it's making it worse. Throughout this whole benzo WD ordeal, I keep feeling like I'm slowly waking up from my own nightmare only to feel like I'm entering the rest of the world's nightmare and everything is starting to blend together.

On top of all of it, I have had a low-grade cold/flu during this wave now with an added layer of paranoia/anxiety on top of it because I'm obviously worried that I'm legitimately sick with something worse than simply what the benzos have done to me.

I'm just tired of being tired and feeling like I'm running out of the strength required to see this through to the finish line. Normally I can at least distract myself with exercise, but now my yoga studio is closed indefinitely and all I can do is try and play games to make the time pass when I'm not working.

I'm sure I'm not the only one on here feeling this way, so thanks for reading/listening.

You are not alone. I think everyone is feeling anxious right now. Perhaps you can try limiting your exposure to the news on COVID?  At this point, I think we all know what we should be doing: social distancing, washing hands, etc. That's really all we can do while we wait for the curve to flatten out. 

Honestly people with normal nervous systems are anxious now, but for us it’s way worse. Honestly my best advice is avoid watching the news and that sort of thing, it’ll just make you more tense. Watch a funny movie and distract yourself with light hearted things.

Pianogirl and Challis deserve an award for everything they've done here over the years. Nothing but respect for you two ! Hamster and badsocref too !

Thanks so much Patriot. It's been a privilege to work with an amazing team through the years. I do think you mean Pamster, not Hamster, right?  ;)

‘Hamster’ gave me the first laugh-out-loud of the day, so thank you, Patriot, for the acknowledgment and the giggle! I needed it.

Thanks so much Patriot. It's been a privilege to work with an amazing team through the years. I do think you mean Pamster, not Hamster, right?  ;)

My first avatar here back in 2008 was a hamster, so I'll answer to either!  :laugh:

LOL! I really did laugh out loud reading this, deadwood. Thanks for a smile. I  went to 4 stores today and saw empy shelves in all of them. NO paper products and also other items. Baby wipes, kitty litter, stuff a lot of of us do use. It is downright weird out there now and I REFUSE to panic and become a damn toilet paper hoarder! I figured that if I run out of TP, I would cut up a bunch of old t shirts, and stock my bathroom with grocery bags. The scraps of fabric would clean me and I would just put it in a bag and wash it. Maybe not if its something really yucky. LOL! Luckily I do have enough kitty litter. But I am now using a lot less paper towels.

I find all of this so strange and mostly unnecessary. Only time will tell. This is NOT the bubonic plague. Its a FLU virus. From what I know most people who get it will be fine. Its mostly older adults and those with compromised immune systemsd that could be badly affected.

east

LOL! I really did laugh out loud reading this, deadwood. Thanks for a smile. I  went to 4 stores today and saw empy shelves in all of them. NO paper products and also other items. Baby wipes, kitty litter, stuff a lot of of us do use. It is downright weird out there now and I REFUSE to panic and become a damn toilet paper hoarder! I figured that if I run out of TP, I would cut up a bunch of old t shirts, and stock my bathroom with grocery bags. The scraps of fabric would clean me and I would just put it in a bag and wash it. Maybe not if its something really yucky. LOL! Luckily I do have enough kitty litter. But I am now using a lot less paper towels.

I find all of this so strange and mostly unnecessary. Only time will tell. This is NOT the bubonic plague. Its a FLU virus. From what I know most people who get it will be fine. Its mostly older adults and those with compromised immune systemsd that could be badly affected.

east

The problem with this statement is yes, it's a flu virus, but it's a new flu virus and we have no immunity, no vaccines and no therapies and it's ravaging the entire world.  I agree that hoarding and panic aren't helpful, but a healthy respect for the guidance provided by the CDC is prudent.  You say, sure it mostly affects older folks and the immune compromised, how many millions fit into that category, are we willing to sacrifice these people? 

I agree this is very stressful for all of us.  My mother lives with us and she has CHF, which puts her at high risk, so we are all being extra careful.  Tonight my husband felt ill and feverish, and went to lie down and self-isolate.  A few hours later and after taking his temperature a few times, and continually getting a normal temperature, he declares that he was just anxious.  So yeah, it's affecting everyone. 

For me, I am trying to figure out how to feed everyone, for all the meals everyday and wondering how long my food will last.  I often feel a tightness in my chest, that started around last week.  I am positive that it is stress, though from time to time, I think, "Oh, am I feeling short of breath?".  It's normal to question your own health when the world is constantly talking about people being sick. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/younger-adults-comprise-big-portion-of-coronavirus-hospitalizations-in-u-s/ar-BB11nGEB?ocid=msedgntp

Another reminder to be mindful of the seriousness of this virus.  We are all at risk and can only do the best we can helping both young and old with whatever situation they may be dealing with.  We all matter.  If we take steps to protect ourselves, we help protect our loved ones and our community.

east

The team has decided, due to the serious nature of this pandemic (which experts/epidemiologists say should NOT be down-played as ‘just a flu’)’ that we will not condone this type of comment. We realize it’s your opinion and we always strive to allow free commentary as much as possible, but we’re asking all forum members not to continue referring to it as ‘just a flu’.  It is not.

Challis

[f0...]

4% mortality rate twice an infectious as influenza's nothing to scoff at. I hear they have a treatment for it. I believe the POTS will be talking about it tomorrow. There's a drug used to treat rheumatoid arthritis that also treats Malaria that apparently is being used with a high success rate. My friends brother's in the Marine cor and he's always relaying information (not classified)

My biggest concern is my mother. A man in buffalo got sick last week after returning home from NYC. His doctor suspected that he had Covid19. The man shared the "it's no big deal" mindset and proceeded to go to the Galleria mall down my street for two hours, and then he went to the wegmans (grocery store) that I go to. The results came back the next day and it was confirmed that his doctors suspicions were correct

I don't think people intentionally downplay situations like this. It's probably a defense mechanism. I say this non judgementaly, but ignorance is truly bliss. The two years I took xanax I wilfully ignored all the negativity I heard from people to protect myself from the reality of the situation

[f0...]

My first avatar here back in 2008 was a hamster, so I'll answer to either!  :laugh:

Hamster was a mistake LOL my bad  :laugh:

east

The team has decided, due to the serious nature of this pandemic (which experts/epidemiologists say should NOT be down-played as ‘just a flu’)’ that we will not condone this type of comment. We realize it’s your opinion and we always strive to allow free commentary as much as possible, but we’re asking all forum members not to continue referring to it as ‘just a flu’.  It is not.

Challis

Thank you! Since we are constantly reminded that the information comes from a nurse (last job 2006) I'm confused. Especially if the information is wrong. So this was very good.  :thumbsup:

I'm from France.

I'm locked inside since 3 days.

I don't know how it will go. We can't go out for at least 15 days but there's a HUGE chance we will be contained until the end of april.

My boyfriend moved in my flat this week so we are not alone. Even if I am living in a 1 bedroom flat, at least I have a small balcony, lot of sun and the residence garden. Better than him staying in his studio with NO natural light.

We are scared. Everyone is scared.

What I fear is a reminence of withdrawal with big anxiety and depressive attacks. I already had one from last monday to tuesday where I couldn't even do anything at home, just pace and pace and pace in my flat with a heavy feeling of dread and doom in my head.

I'm scared because in case my anxiety goes out of control, no one will help me. No medics, since they are all dealing with covid-19.

I'm trying to enjoy this time with video games, cooking, reading, puzzles and so on. But since I'm suffering from agoraphobia since withdrawal, each day locked inside makes this fear greater.

I managed to deal with my clients last week to not work in April so I could go out each day, taking the subway each day, taking my car alone more often, so I could eventually get used to be out on my own. Now I'll do the exact opposite and I'm terrified about the consequences on my mental health.

But even knowing that, I stay home. I only went outside this morning for 20min to run a bit around my block.

This pandemia is much more important. But on my individual level, I'm scared to becoming so instable mentally that I would "break". Plus, I might have an ulcere on my stomach, and fibroscopy was scheduled thus week to determine what was going on so I could have the right treatment. This has been postponed to at least next may because doctor is being sent on "war" to fight the virus.

Please stay safe and respect quarantine. The harder we deal with it, the sooner it'll be over. The sooner I'll have treatment...

Patriot 88!!!!! OMG you're my neighbor!! I've never found anyone on here yet who is near me! I'm in N. tonawanda/ Pendleton are in niagara county. it's kinda comforting to know someone near me is experiencing the benzo journey..

anyway - what is up with that dude hitting up the Galleria and stuff and being infected? I need to go to wegmans today but am hesitant - but I need some things....you know?

to all on here..I have cut up t-shirts into usable squares for when the TP runs out. I have a good size plastic container with a lid resembling a small diaper pail - remember what ppl did 60 some years ago with cloth diapers? saok into a diaper pail and then run through washer. thats my plan. It's also eco-friendly:) lol - thats my attempt at humor for the day.

Seriously though, my husband works medical -I was privy to hearing a webinar meeting from his organization ( a large one) and how they are making preparation. It's no joke. I'm not trying to cause anxiety (lord knows this is amping up mine considerably..) but to create awareness.

the cases in Erie county near where I live quadrupled in 2 days...

so be safe. stay connected.

I avoid the news.  Now I avoid Facebook, too.  Enough is enough.  Who needs to add anxiety to anxiety?  You’ll know when the curve flattens, when the world gets back to more normal.  Exercise can happen at home, too.  It’s ok to go outside and walk.  Just keep distance from people as advised.  There’s more to do than games.  I have just painted two rooms and deep cleaned my kitchen.  It was satisfying and I slept better from the work.  I had the paint already.  I’m just saying, do something that feels good.  I also started some herbal seeds indoors.  Tomorrow, I’m making borscht.  This will all settle.  Distract. 

I'm from France.

I'm locked inside since 3 days.

I don't know how it will go. We can't go out for at least 15 days but there's a HUGE chance we will be contained until the end of april.

My boyfriend moved in my flat this week so we are not alone. Even if I am living in a 1 bedroom flat, at least I have a small balcony, lot of sun and the residence garden. Better than him staying in his studio with NO natural light.

We are scared. Everyone is scared.

What I fear is a reminence of withdrawal with big anxiety and depressive attacks. I already had one from last monday to tuesday where I couldn't even do anything at home, just pace and pace and pace in my flat with a heavy feeling of dread and doom in my head.

I'm scared because in case my anxiety goes out of control, no one will help me. No medics, since they are all dealing with covid-19.

I'm trying to enjoy this time with video games, cooking, reading, puzzles and so on. But since I'm suffering from agoraphobia since withdrawal, each day locked inside makes this fear greater.

I managed to deal with my clients last week to not work in April so I could go out each day, taking the subway each day, taking my car alone more often, so I could eventually get used to be out on my own. Now I'll do the exact opposite and I'm terrified about the consequences on my mental health.

But even knowing that, I stay home. I only went outside this morning for 20min to run a bit around my block.

This pandemia is much more important. But on my individual level, I'm scared to becoming so instable mentally that I would "break". Plus, I might have an ulcere on my stomach, and fibroscopy was scheduled thus week to determine what was going on so I could have the right treatment. This has been postponed to at least next may because doctor is being sent on "war" to fight the virus.

Please stay safe and respect quarantine. The harder we deal with it, the sooner it'll be over. The sooner I'll have treatment...

Hi Skalliz ;D

I am in Germany and in the same situation at the end of this week I think everything will be shut down. Only march to supermarkets and doctors allowed.

I cannot see my physical therapist and my osteopath now, so I understand that this puts more pressure on you, not to receive the treatment you need.

But I think we will adopt to this new situation like we managed to survive withdrawal so far. Its wonderful you have your boyfriend with you.And is there a cat (your avatar)? Un chat?? Thats even better.

If you are able to walk - try out these videos on youtube: "Walk at Home by Leslie Sansone" these are videos you can just do quick walks at home, a little bit like aerobics, but its all about walking. I became so fit using these videos the last 5 months. I started with one mile and now I can do 5 miles. So you do not have to stop running.

Take care, French friend - we will go through this all together :smitten:

Bonne nuit,

Marigold