Day 30 Ativan free!

[RS...]

Today is day 30 of my freedom from Ativan!

It’s had its ups and downs.  I’m unfortunately on the downside today.  Sore, tired and unmotivated.  I had a decent sleep but woke up all sweaty and stiff.  I have a rash and some warmth on the inner part of my elbows, also a rash on my upper chest.  I’m going to take an oatmeal bath to help calm it down. 

During the first week I was still craving Ativan but now the craving is much weaker, plus I don’t want to go through withdrawal hell again. 

I forced myself to go out with my wife on Saturday night, and I ended up having a wonderful time and a fantastic dinner.  I was so nervous to drive on the freeway, I almost forgot how to get to the restaurant so almost missed the exit...damn this crap fogs your brain. 

So my symptoms at day 30 are:  mild anxiety, some difficulties falling asleep, night sweats, stiff joints, some lack of motivation.  But although these symptoms are present, they are weaker then when I started.

Good luck and best wishes to all my fellow buddies traveling down this path.

Rshack-

Congratulations on 30 days off!  Thanks so much for sharing your encouraging story.  You have a great attitude!

Wishing you much healing,

Brighterday

Aww, thanks for asking!  The first 3 months were rough but more and more windows came and I'd say I'm about 80% back now.  Getting a cold or an increase in stress still triggers a wave but it's not as debilitating as it was.  Distraction and making self care my job have been crucial.

Take care,

Brighterday

Thanks for sharing...this helps give me hope.  I’m struggling to ride the wave today, but luckily the weather is unusually warm, so the windows are open. The fresh air and the birds chirping are helping my mood.  Going to brew some chamomile tea to help settle the benzo belly.

Congratulations on completing your taper! It really helps to read your celebration story. I'm glad you had a wonderful night out with your wife-- that's a legit way to heal the drain on our self-confidence.

I know what you mean about the fresh air and birds chirping. After a bad night those simple things can really help to dispel the uneasiness.

I hope you continue to feel improvement in each area of your life as the waves are replaced by wider windows.

@[ba...]

Thank you!  Good luck to you on your taper.  I’m riding a bad wave this week but symptoms are slowly getting better. You can do it!

• 3 weeks later...