Seroquel

[Tr...]

Hi,

My sleep is awful at the moment. Used to be some 5 hours until very recently,  now ( after EMDR therapy last week) it's down to just 1 hour last night. My psychiatrist would like me to try Seroquel 12,5 mg for a couple of nights. Anyone who can shed some light on this drug? How long did you use it, how many mgs, did it work, how about side effects. Any response would be welcome! 

• 2 weeks later...
Seroquel is definitely not a drug I'd recommend. It did help me sleep but the side effects were brutal (sort of a nervous, painful zombie state) - just not worth it. I quit same time I got off Benzos but tried it few times during the insomnia period, first 10 mo. off Benzos. Finally disposed of the rest I had. But everyone is different - seems a lot of people do pretty well with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Stay away from Quentiapine.

It's way to strong and really messed up with your brain.

Using it for insomnia is like using a bazooka to kill an ant unless you have some really severe/advance mental disorders (or brain degenerative disease,etc)

Stay away from Quentiapine.

It's way to strong and really messed up with your brain.

Using it for insomnia is like using a bazooka to kill an ant unless you have some really severe/advance mental disorders (or brain degenerative disease,etc)

what about other types of anti psychotics? or are they all the same?

Anti-psychotics in general are among the worst class of drugs you can take.

They come with lots of side effects that resemble what Benzos WD sx

Thanks

I stopped taking them a few weeks ago. Period!

Now sleep is back to normal on Diazepam.

The devil is in all psych drugs.

• 1 month later...
I was put on this medication after trying most anti depressants. It's only 'off label' for depression. It's an anti-psychotic. I gave it two weeks and had an awful experience. I couldn't function and various negative side effects. Unless you've been seriously considered to be prescribed this drug for the reasons it's meant to be prescribed for I would avoid it.

Sorry to contradict everyone, but I've done fine and dandy on it.

Yep, first few days you become a zombie but I actually enjoyed that state of not feeling jack shit. I guess some folk might find that scary but after a knife in my gut, dengue fever and now covid, nothing scares me except myself.

At high doses it 'works' for depression but nasty side effects such as vertigo and restless legs.

Now just on 25mg for sleep - down from 150mg at one point. It still works but I want off it. Prolonged usecl can cause diabetes, I had a diabetes test 16 month ago and was ok.

Been using over 5 years.

There are alternatives for sleep, namely antihistamine. Sorry about the spelling, but propanalol? and hydroxozone? have been recommended to me. I don't got a doctor so am stuck on the 🐜 i-psycho right now.