BP

[sa...]

Hello. After two months off of Klonopin, my blood pressure gets elevated at times. This morning it was 150/88. It used to be around 130/80. Has anyone been experiencing that? 

The same thing has happened to me, and I will be going to cardiologist hopefully this week to get it checked out. Hoping this doesn't cause any long term damage or harm. My HR has also increased a ton, did you witness the same?

My BP spiked for awhile but came down within a few months of being off Xanax. Your doc will let you know if you should treat it temporarily or not. I didn’t, I asked my doc to hold off to see if it went down on its own, which it did.

Higher BP is pretty common but that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t keep an eye on it or treat it.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello. Sorry it took a while to respond. The withdrawal thing made me want to take a sabbatical for a while. My pulse has been doing okay. It just seemed like I would get those high systolic and diastolic readings now and then. PAWS has all been a p.i.t.a for me. Just wish it was over 'cause I am SO OVER IT!!! On the lighter side, I have the good and bad days but I just keep the faith in God and remind myself all of the time that I was born into this world to make a difference...not to sit on the sidelines and sulk...what purpose would there be in that?! I  have also found that exercise helps a lot, especially when I get back to the sane world called nature. Thanks for responding. We, all, just have to hang in there with this and know that change is on the horizon but it might take longer than a day.

What a great attitude you have, it will go a long way in terms of helping you through the recovery process.

I agree about being in nature. When I started cycling about 4 months after my jump off, being outside and seeing the world again after being cooped up in my room for quite a while was wonderful.  It was fall and the beauty of the changing leaves was awesome. Seeing the little and not so little critters on my rides took me out of myself and allowed me to see that there is a whole world out there to appreciate.

Keep doing what you are doing.

pianogirl  :smitten: