Will food sensitivity disappear?

[je...]

I think everybody is different, I do just fine with garlic, but milk also sets me off, and other dairy products. Just try to write down the things that you feel you are sensitive too right now, and try to avoid them in the future.

I didn't have problems with any particular foods, I ate what I could when I could, I had a great deal of nausea so I could only eat foods that appealed to me.  But I never found any food which caused a negative reaction for me.

• 2 weeks later...

What foods are people sensitive to? List them so we can avoid them. I have severe reactions to milk and garlic.

Yes they do. I drink several cups of coffee every morning & can eat sugar or processed foods if I want. It doesn’t mean I do all the time, but I’m able to without any worries. Eating healthy regularly is very helpful in minimizing symptom flares tho. Take care & all the best

Hi marigold,

So great to hear it went away and you are fine now!

What did you reacted to and How long did it take to go away?

How are you doing overall?

Thanks for sharing your experience and giving the very needed hope!

Hi marigold,

So great to hear it went away and you are fine now!

What did you reacted to and How long did it take to go away?

How are you doing overall?

Thanks for sharing your experience and giving the very needed hope!

I don't remember anymore... I think about the 2d year off things became easier. And I had become an excellent cook and still have a very healthy diet, no processed food, no alcohol, gluten, dairy... and so on...

In my 3d year off I did a big test for intolerances and allergies cause I always had some allergies like to nuts and gras... and so I was able to cut off some foods, - and the time off lead to the fact that today I can tolerate almost everything - and the worst reaction would be a pimple or maybe feeling a pushy feeling... and thats it. I even can tolerate glutamates I found out after a dinner in a thai restuartant..

But all my tests and stuff wasn't possible in the first years because in these years my body was so over sensitive that I assume the test results just would not have been correct.. But just to make it clear in early withdrawal I could not use a normal soap! I even had to take prednisone because I could not breathe any more. I reacted on everything. Soap, fabrics, smells, ... everything.

I am doing good so far. I will write a success story soon, my 4th one ;D

Thank you so much marigold for taking time and writing in much details!

This is the best I ever heard from bb! The extreme sensitivity and how severe my reaction to everything is the most scary thing for me. Honestly I don't think I can live long if this condition won't improve.

I'm so looking forward to reading your success story, the 4th one! You are a hero !

Best wishes!

4mom

yes - myself  and many others had  severe  foods sensitivities and recovered - i can eat anything i want again  but still deliberately avoid soy

So great to hear you recovered from the food sensitivity, ssr!

How long did it take you to recover and how is your other wd sx?

I think some of my food sensitivities are reducing?.......

I had horrible bowel issues for months before i realized the ativan in my life was a problem. so I went and did an elimination diet thinking that it would cure me - then I learned ativan was the devil.

regardless, my bowels have definitely improved for making big changes. I've started to try to reincorporate some things to see how my body responds bc I don't want to have a "fear" of foods after all this!

I can tolerate a piece of organic homemade bread now. (going slow on this stuff..). I had a bit of ice cream the other day and did not die..no abdominal cramping either..

CANNOT do tea/coffee (cortisol runs high) but yet a small piece of dark chocolate is ok - weird.

I have read things about elevated histamine responses during WD - often I sneeze after eating certain foods (I've been testing this - I'm not crazy). Nothing is normal for anyone in WD I'm learning.

It gives me hope to learn that food sensitivities do disappear, but honestly I want to eat as clean as possible from now on. But yes a "cheat" sounds nice once in awhile!