Who’s awake right now

[He...]

Started this thread bc it’s icky waking at 3 am

and no more sleep. So if you’re awake and don’t

want to be awake you can vent here.

Although people are in different time zones.

Started this thread bc it’s icky waking at 3 am

and no more sleep. So if you’re awake and don’t

want to be awake you can vent here.

Although people are in different time zones.

Yes, it sucks to wake up in the middle of the night. It happens often to me. I just get up and try to do stuff until I get tired and ready to go back to sleep. Maybe try mindful breathing exercises. Here is a nice link. I find lemon balm, theanine and magnesium helpful for sleep. Also taurine, but everyone's different. Maybe an SSRI could help with the insomnia as your NP suggests. The fluoxetine has helped me a lot with sleep. I couldn't tolerate paroxetine (Paxil). Lasted on it one week. Was extremely depressed. The main point is not to obsess about having woken up. And try to do something relaxing. Like stuff that makes you feel good. It's morning here (CET), but I often wake up in the middle of the night. So I know how frustrating it can be.

My first night of no sleep at all...Originally I discovered the ativan I originally started taking last year for sleep changed to causing sleep disturbance. After my ativan jump, I slept with no meds fine (5-6 hrs worth some little waking) for 5 days. Now this. Ugh!!Feel like a zombie with other symptoms.

I was debating coming on here in the middle of the night but I was so exhausted I couldn't type. Fingers crossed for tonight.

Hi Trina75,

Congrats on being off.  Not trying to "rain" on your success of getting off of Ativan, but you have only been off 8 days and that is very early in this recovery process for most.  Acute WD usually lasts 30-90 days for most.  Ashton says insomnia resolves for most in 6-12 months?  Some longer and some less time?  That doesn't mean your sleep will be terrible the entire time.  It's very UP and down for a long time for many.  I slept really well for about 7 months then got slammed into a month long insomnia only wave at 18 months off. 

I had about 65-70 zero nights or nights of no perceived sleep the first 9-10 months off.  I had a lot of 1 - 2 hour nights as well.  I am not saying that to scare you, but to let you know it is pretty "normal" for those that get hit with insomnia after getting off of a Benzo.  It evens out and gets better over time.  I get 6-8 hours most nights now.

Hang in there, it will get better for you too!

thanks theway.....my story is rough. My ssri stopped Jan 2019. Depression and panic followed. Docs had me try over 14 different meds in different classes over 7 months!! I was so screwed up. Ended up in psyche ward bc of no sleep in summer. I stupidly agreed to ECT. did 11 sessions. I was a zombie after and had memory losses. they tried me on meds again after that. None work. the whole time I've been on Ativan. Started to notice a massive decline in muscle strength, worsening sleep (multiple wakings with nightmares)...found stuff online to realize I had tolerance/ WD fro months and didn't know it.

It's a nightmare. I did a rapid taper as I felt horrible every time I took even a small dose, plus my psyche doc was not very accommodating.

I've been struggling for about 15 months. I'm tired in every aspect. I can't imagine this fight for more months or year(s). Yesterday I was hit with severe depression. I've read " What's going on in your brain" that they have posted on BB which was helpful to understand things. 

I have an awesome husband and two beautiful teenagers...they are worn out from all this. Don't know how to make it through the day. Or days to come. I can barely type. Feel so alone.

Thanks for being on this site.

PS. do you have joy again? Are you happy? It's been so long...

Sorry it's been such a struggle for so long.  But it WILL get better.  Time is the healer.

Psychiatrists are good at one thing....prescribing pills.  They tried to poly drug me too,  but I flushed everything.  That's always their solution, more drugs.  Luckily I found a Benzo-wise psychiatrist at a counseling center that helped me through w/o drugs.

When I jumped CT, I was on this site and another BB told me it took about 14 months to feel better and get some decent sleep back.  I thought 14 months was IMPOSSIBLE.  But remember that WD is unique to everyone, even if you took the same Benzo in the same dose for the same amount of time.

Like you, I didn't think I could make it through another day let alone months or a year or two or more.  That thinking alone really freaked me out.  But as you already know, you learn to become mentally strong.  If you made it this far, you can definitely keep going.

But the nightmare is not as intense all the time and you'll get windows along with waves.  I won't lie, it was certainly the worst experience of my life, but knowing what to expect can make it more tolerable? 

My family was worn out too.  It was psychologically hard on them as well.  I felt alone all the time even when they were home.

I completely recovered and enjoy life again.  I feel everything I did before Benzos....joy, happiness, gratitude, etc. 

You'll get there too.  Promise!  :thumbsup:

Thanks so much for the encouragement - it goes a long way! It's nice that on here people "get it".

When I get through this chapter of life I will def write a recovery story and be available to others - and maybe lobby against big pharma!!

• 6 months later...

thanks theway.....my story is rough. My ssri stopped Jan 2019. Depression and panic followed. Docs had me try over 14 different meds in different classes over 7 months!! I was so screwed up. Ended up in psyche ward bc of no sleep in summer. I stupidly agreed to ECT. did 11 sessions. I was a zombie after and had memory losses. they tried me on meds again after that. None work. the whole time I've been on Ativan. Started to notice a massive decline in muscle strength, worsening sleep (multiple wakings with nightmares)...found stuff online to realize I had tolerance/ WD fro months and didn't know it.

It's a nightmare. I did a rapid taper as I felt horrible every time I took even a small dose, plus my psyche doc was not very accommodating.

I've been struggling for about 15 months. I'm tired in every aspect. I can't imagine this fight for more months or year(s). Yesterday I was hit with severe depression. I've read " What's going on in your brain" that they have posted on BB which was helpful to understand things. 

I have an awesome husband and two beautiful teenagers...they are worn out from all this. Don't know how to make it through the day. Or days to come. I can barely type. Feel so alone.

Thanks for being on this site.

PS. do you have joy again? Are you happy? It's been so long...

Hi Trina - our stories sound similar with a bad SSRI cold turkey withdrawal and then Ativan dependency. I messaged you - I could really use some encouragement  :'(

Yep I’m only asleep for 3 hours max most nights. Last night zero. Feel awful. I’m always awake listening to someone in my house snoring. It’s awful x sending u all lots of love x