4 Years Today

[iw...]

It has been 4 years since I withdrew from Clonazepam.  I'm not completely healed, unfortunately, but I'm better.  I had many symptoms in the beginning, which have disappeared, but the one constant has been tinnitus.  I also have a burning mouth, but I had that problem before the benzo, and I don't know if it will ever go away.  I will consider myself healed if the tinnitus leaves, and if that day ever comes, I will post a Success Story.  In the meantime, I'm just trying to survive and distract.

nice...

almost one year and much better but like you the tinnitus is driving me crazy (not a long drive)....I too hope it ends

Congrats on 4 years! I am just fresh off and have tinnitus as well.  Sometimes it is louder than others or changes pitch.  It is certainly annoying!  As well, I constantly have music playing in my brain! I hate that but can tune it out if I am reading or engaged in something, so that helps! I wish you continued healing!❤

• 1 month later...

Hi iwsth

I remember you on this site when I was withdrawing from a benzo. I am off of clonazepam 4 years this month. I am experiencing awful tinnitus as well. The noise is very loud and never goes away. Since I was on this drug over 20 years I'm hoping that this isn't permanent damage.

Congratulations on 4 years!

Raise your hand if you are 4 years free! (Heeeeere! Me toooooo!)

Congrats to you!! What a great job!

:smitten:

Marigold

• 1 year later...

It has been 4 years since I withdrew from Clonazepam.  I'm not completely healed, unfortunately, but I'm better.  I had many symptoms in the beginning, which have disappeared, but the one constant has been tinnitus.  I also have a burning mouth, but I had that problem before the benzo, and I don't know if it will ever go away.  I will consider myself healed if the tinnitus leaves, and if that day ever comes, I will post a Success Story.  In the meantime, I'm just trying to survive and distract.

I remember reading this when I joined this forum in 2020 and thinking how unbelievable and sad this post was and now I’m in the same boat. I understand how you feel although I’m only post 2 years out. Is there still no improvement with the Tinnitus? How are you overall?

• 2 weeks later...

I remember reading this when I joined this forum in 2020 and thinking how unbelievable and sad this post was and now I’m in the same boat. I understand how you feel although I’m only post 2 years out. Is there still no improvement with the Tinnitus? How are you overall?

It has been over 6 years now, and I still suffer from tinnitus 24/7.  It is a constant hissing noise that fluctuates in loudness.  I still have a burning mouth as well, so I'm miserable.  I have given up hope of ever healing.  In my opinion benzos can cause permanent damage.  :'(

• 2 weeks later...

It has been over 6 years now, and I still suffer from tinnitus 24/7.  It is a constant hissing noise that fluctuates in loudness.  I still have a burning mouth as well, so I'm miserable.  I have given up hope of ever healing.  In my opinion benzos can cause permanent damage.  :'(

Thanks for coming back and telling your truth. I’m really sorry and saddened by this. I wish you well and hope we both receive a miracle :-(