Author Topic: 4 Years Today  (Read 1416 times)

[Buddie]

4 Years Today
« on: March 07, 2020, 08:40:14 pm »
It has been 4 years since I withdrew from Clonazepam.  I'm not completely healed, unfortunately, but I'm better.  I had many symptoms in the beginning, which have disappeared, but the one constant has been tinnitus.  I also have a burning mouth, but I had that problem before the benzo, and I don't know if it will ever go away.  I will consider myself healed if the tinnitus leaves, and if that day ever comes, I will post a Success Story.  In the meantime, I'm just trying to survive and distract.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: 4 Years Today
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2020, 03:14:09 am »
nice...

almost one year and much better but like you the tinnitus is driving me crazy (not a long drive)....I too hope it ends
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2020, 04:36:27 am »
yup. me too. don't like it

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2020, 12:47:17 pm »
I'm so happy that you feel better!  :thumbsup:

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2020, 02:51:57 pm »
I think Baylissa said her tinnitus was the last thing to go. Took a good few years.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2020, 04:30:26 pm »
Congrats on 4 years! I am just fresh off and have tinnitus as well.  Sometimes it is louder than others or changes pitch.  It is certainly annoying!  As well, I constantly have music playing in my brain! I hate that but can tune it out if I am reading or engaged in something, so that helps! I wish you continued healing!❤

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2020, 03:10:15 pm »
Hi [...]

I remember you on this site when I was withdrawing from a benzo. I am off of clonazepam 4 years this month. I am experiencing awful tinnitus as well. The noise is very loud and never goes away. Since I was on this drug over 20 years I'm hoping that this isn't permanent damage.

Congratulations on 4 years!

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 08:44:20 pm »
Raise your hand if you are 4 years free! (Heeeeere! Me toooooo!)

Congrats to you!! What a great job!
 :smitten:
Marigold

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2022, 07:59:59 pm »
It has been 4 years since I withdrew from Clonazepam.  I'm not completely healed, unfortunately, but I'm better.  I had many symptoms in the beginning, which have disappeared, but the one constant has been tinnitus.  I also have a burning mouth, but I had that problem before the benzo, and I don't know if it will ever go away.  I will consider myself healed if the tinnitus leaves, and if that day ever comes, I will post a Success Story.  In the meantime, I'm just trying to survive and distract.

I remember reading this when I joined this forum in 2020 and thinking how unbelievable and sad this post was and now Iím in the same boat. I understand how you feel although Iím only post 2 years out. Is there still no improvement with the Tinnitus? How are you overall?

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2022, 09:25:06 pm »

I remember reading this when I joined this forum in 2020 and thinking how unbelievable and sad this post was and now Iím in the same boat. I understand how you feel although Iím only post 2 years out. Is there still no improvement with the Tinnitus? How are you overall?

It has been over 6 years now, and I still suffer from tinnitus 24/7.  It is a constant hissing noise that fluctuates in loudness.  I still have a burning mouth as well, so I'm miserable.  I have given up hope of ever healing.  In my opinion benzos can cause permanent damage.  :'(