Anybody have experience with tapering librium?

[Sp...]

I have been holding on one capsule of librax (5mg of librium) for 5 months.  I was previously on two capsules 10 mg total for fifteen years.

I made the transition from capsule to water 27 days ago with the advise of the moderator on liquid titration.  He said that librium is water soluble, so I should be fine titrating with water only.  He said I would feel like a reduction of 5 to 10%.  I thought that would be the case, so I decided to hold on the water mix for one month.

Since then, for the past couple of weeks, I have started feeling more off balance, some agitated and muscle twitching .  All symptoms I previously had 5 months ago when I did a rapid taper and jumped off the librium in 26 days.

My plan was to start next week using a syringe to slowly start tapering over 200 days or so.  Anybody have experience tapering librium?

The user Gardener99 (I think that’s her username) has! She finished her taper last year. Hopefully she’ll chime in.

• 2 weeks later...
There are a few others that microtapered librium and I hope they don't mind me mentioning them - lalasharp (compounded suspension), jlavogt (dry weigh), libr (dry weigh).  You may have to reach out via PM as I don't know that they would check in on this. 

Hi. I tapered off Librium. My sig still has the details. I couldn't handle powders, scales, liquids, or fractions. But Librium is 25 mg per 1 mg of ativan so one can reasonably drop whole mg amounts (usually 5 mg capsule drops) and jump from 1 mg. For me this gave me a lot of momentum in my morale.

The pills of 1 and 2 mg for the last months I had compounded and delivered by mail, at about $1 a pill, well worth it to me. There was never a postal problem or delay.