Does anyone has worse symptoms while using magnesium?

[Ni...]

See title, does anyone get worse symptoms during their taper when using magnesium? And what exact symptoms do you get?

I took around 400 mg of magnesium oxide for constipation and I noticed more anxiety.

I am still retapering.

I can’t take anything without horrific reaction and my body is crushing itself.

What I ment to say is, for how long do the magnesium caused symptoms remain after stopping the magnesium?

• 3 weeks later...
[59...]
instead of supplements early on i would eat a couple of handfuls of peanuts a day. (not dry roasted). lately i have been eating 2 spoonfuls of gluten free jiff peanut butter. i think the niacin is helping with the nerve pain from withdrawl.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh gawd yes my symptoms went to moody to extreme moody and major irritation when took magnesium

. I dont touch them now.  I cant take any B vitamins either.

But I know you need to take something else to counteract the magnesium which I learnt from balancing brain chemistry website but it's all a bit complicated for me.

Some people say mag really helps. Others say it makes them worse. It really depends on the individual ...

• 2 months later...
Some people need to taper off magnesium. It caused me a setback not sure how long it will last. If you just stopped I would def recommend tapering off

• 6 months later...

Oxide is a poor form of Magnesium, it doesn't even really get digested, which it's why it has a laxative effect, People report good results with the Glycinate or Threonate which are easily absorbed and actually get in your system.  There are many here who swear by Epsom Salt baths to get Magnesium and say it calms them down and helps with sleep.

Here is a recent thread on this that might help you,  http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=249889.0