Do we get our strength and our bodies back after benzo withdrawal?

[Cr...]

Hey guys,

Do we get our strength and our bodies back at all after this benzo mess?

I had a six pack, and now its gone to the dogs. I just have puppy fat (farm muscle as my mate calls it) now.

Dave.

It does seem like this is what is happening, that I’m able to build muscle tone and that even collagen(?) and other signs of a more healthy physical composition are coming back steadily.

Yes, sure. I’m off for 3 1/2 yrs Dave.

That's great news!  :clap:

How are you feeling?

Today I have a migraine, I’ll get back to you on that.

It will get better. I remember trying to cardio last spring but I had no chance at all. My legs were just to weak. I would just collapse. Tried again later in the summer and it was a little bit better but I was not able to perform at the level I wanted and then I got sick so it just faded away.

Anyways. Two months ago I gave it a new chance and it was like a new world. Now it was my fitness level that stopped me, not my weak legs. I have been running four times a week and have never been in better shape fitness wise. I have probably pushed myself a bit too much cause Ive been having some weird new symptoms lately.

I havent been lifting weights though because I tried to do some basic hamstring and lumbar(?) exercises and it was way too painful for several days so I just decided to run until Im a bit further down the road withdrawal wise. I know it's normal to have some pain after lifting but this was too extreme.

Wish you the best of luck  :thumbsup::)

This is a very interesting question. I don't know, if my weakness is due to recovery. Or weakness after bedridden, and then stuck on the couch. But I understand that I have to do exercises. I don't get strong muscles from sitting on the couch. But why is it so difficult? Am I afraid of setbacks? It is hard to know what is what.  :)

[b7...]
32 months in bed will definitely compromise your fitness.  Start slow and easy.  It will take some time to build up to where you were (if that's your goal). 

I have been bedridden for years in the past but it never made all my muscles atrophy in the same way withdrawal has even as I was still exercising.

I had to re-teach myself to walk after first got out of dark room due to ME and after spinal surgery when was bedridden couple years again before it.

Thos all feels completely different - like something has GI e very wrong with my muscles at a cellular level.

Why stops me exercising properly is not weakness but rigidity and contracture.

Tried to walk around d earlier and legs too ‘spring’ and uncontrollable. Brain can’t make the m move properly.

Some times I have refused to live this way. We went to different stores, and it went pretty well. But when I got home I was sick again. Is this mental?  :)

Exactly what happened to me

My muscles have dissolved DESPITE doing more walking per day than a truck driver

I can’t use my muscles the same way

Even postural spine muscles have been damaged so that sitting and walking becomes very difficult

It’s like my muscles have been poisoned and permanently broken, similar to what happened to my brain and nerves

I'm probably lucky that I have only used Valium for four months before realising I needed to taper down, but strangely enough I don't think my muscles have atrophied. I'm still tapering, but feeling miles better by exercising. I feel sorry for those who just cannot move due to withdrawal, and I know how you feel because I have been there many times. My advice is to not lose hope. You will get you back.

Dave.