Anxiety about being on benzo

[He...]

Being on benzo and judging myself harshly for being

on the benzo is a huge problem. Just taking a dose

brings about big anxiety. Except the evening dose

before bed. I guess that’s bc it’s the end of the day

and I’m finally giving myself a break. I am trying

to work with therapy for judging myself so harshly

but it’s slow. Any (kind helpful) thoughts.

Hi Healthyme123,

We're so hard on ourselves.  Sometimes it seems we're more unkind to ourselves than we would ever be to another person, right?

I'm so sorry you're going through such a hard time.  If there was ever a time to practice being good to ourselves, this is it.  I'm so glad you're working with a therapist.  Withdrawal can be a very dark lonely time and dark thoughts like the ones you describe are unfortunately very common as our brains heal from the Benzos.

It may feel like you've been tapering forever, but you're actually pretty early in this process.  In fact, looking at your signature, I'm wondering if you would consider making smaller cuts.  Remember, we typically suggest reducing no more than 5-10% every 1 or 2 weeks to minimize withdrawal symptoms. It looks like you've been making larger cuts than that - and it may be making this harder on you than it needs to be.

Wishing you much healing,

Brighterday

I’m not living a balanced life. I became obsessed

about being on this med.

Yesterday I took less of it cos I fell asleep.

I don’t think one days actions will

affect me much.

Bc I fell asleep I took half my

dose in wee hours of am 2 am.

Then next day groggy.

Even tho I ended up taking less overall

for the last 24 hours. I’m not perfect.

The emotional issues I think I have

regardless of medication.

Many on this site don’t feel better

even off medication.

Hi Healthyme123,

We're so hard on ourselves.  Sometimes it seems we're more unkind to ourselves than we would ever be to another person, right?

I'm so sorry you're going through such a hard time.  If there was ever a time to practice being good to ourselves, this is it.  I'm so glad you're working with a therapist.  Withdrawal can be a very dark lonely time and dark thoughts like the ones you describe are unfortunately very common as our brains heal from the Benzos.

It may feel like you've been tapering forever, but you're actually pretty early in this process.  In fact, looking at your signature, I'm wondering if you would consider making smaller cuts.  Remember, we typically suggest reducing no more than 5-10% every 1 or 2 weeks to minimize withdrawal symptoms. It looks like you've been making larger cuts than that - and it may be making this harder on you than it needs to be.

Wishing you much healing,

Brighterday

I totally agree, we are VERY hard on ourselves.

we have to learn to forgive ourselves and love us!! unconditionally