What is your worst symptom?

[Pa...]

The benzo flu, I'm living it right now so I have no idea how long it'll last.

What exactly is benzo flu?

It basically feels a lot like the flu, aches and pains and nausea and stomach problems but with the added fun of feeling restless like a really short attention span.

What is or was your worst symptom? How long did it last or do you still suffer from it?

Regrets. It's lasted 8 months with no break whatsoever. Still hoping though.

What's yours?

[e1...]
It was insomnia.  I took benzos solely for insomnia; withdrawal was brutal to my sleep.  But I learned a lot about actual versus perceived sleep needs.  I'm still an insomniac by most people's definition, but I seem to function just fine on 5-ish hours.

My worst symptom was monophobia - it was pure torture for over a year and a half, then kind of lifted enough for me to be able to expand my world, which resulted in being less alone.

Now the top two, at nearly 33 months out, are akathisia (mostly internal torture) and deep apathy/anhedonia. Put the two together, and it's another thing altogether  :(

I have 3 that occur on a daily basis, & are definitely worse when I eat or drink anything,.  They are stomach gurgling, burping, & gassiness (trapped).

My worse is the visual stuff. Everything seems foreign. Sometimes seems unreal. Almost like I have an alcohol buzz. Flashing lights seem to stick around a little longer too. Now I developed stomach issues too weeks ago.

Benzos flu, I am 19 months off after 16 year use. Feel weak, slightly nauseated, like flu, and enough that I am bed or couch bound most of the time.

Rapid cycling of severe mood swings.

During a day, I can go from normal to really depressed, to normal, to panic attack and constant fear, to happy, to depressed, to agoraphobic, to perfectly well in a crowd, and so on. It never ends. It's exhausting.

I had a tendency to mood swings before, and withdrawal uses each one of my flaws to multiply them by 100.

After 10 years of Klonopin use and almost 8 months from cold turkeying my last dose, I would say my worst symptom is feeling that my current life is not real and not experiencing as much joy as I know there is in the world.  I often wake up with this anxious brain that immediately has obsessive thoughts about the same thing.  The negative thoughts seem to overtake my brain as I begin to get ready for the day.  This negative cognition was always within my mind but never to this extent.  Throughout the day I feel as though I'm in a dream and that the life I'm currently living does not feel as real as it should nor as joyous as it should.  I then struggle to find hope because I begin to think that I have some other problems causing all of this negativity, depression, anxiety, and weakness & dizziness throughout the day.  I come home to spend 30 minutes on this site a night to instill hope again that maybe what I'm experiencing is from taking benzo's for so long  as prescribed and abruptly stopping.  I then go back to my mini prayer/mantra of repeating that "I am safe, I am healing, and God loves me" to try and be present for my family.  I hope our worst symptom ceases and fills our hearts with true peace/contentment.  Thanks for letting me vent a little.

Benzo flu still at 27 months off, horrific headaches, dystonia in my jaw. I just wen through the most awful wave that lasted 2 months. I finally feel normal again for 4 days now!!!! I haven’t had a wave that bad since I jumped off valium Ct!

At the moment, at 32 months off, my most annoying and persistent symptoms are fatigue and weakness, which really prevents me from living life the way I used to. I still spend most of my spare time in the couch, I hate being like this, I used to live such an active life, but just can’t maintain even a tenth of that level of stamina these days.

Tex-

My heart cries for you ! :smitten: I understand completely and I'm going through the same things !

Keeping you in prayer and blessing to all of us trying to heal.