Has anyone seen studies on benzodiazepines and the gut microbiome?

[Te...]

[07...]

https://www.genomeweb.com/sequencing-technology/gut-microbiome-makeup-influenced-medication-use-other-factors#.XldDY5Mzb

Gut Microbiome Makeup Influenced by Medication Use, Other Factors

Antibiotic use, particularly of β-lactams, affected what was present in the gut microbiome,

but so did benzodiazepines, antidepressants, and antihistamines, the researchers found.

Some 63 percent of the covariate interactions they detected were driven by medication,

suggesting that medication use should be taken into account in clinical studies.

https://www.gutmicrobiotaforhealth.com/en/scientists-succeed-in-deciphering-microbiome-contributions-to-drug-metabolism/

In order to explore the general nature of these findings, the researchers also studied how gut bacteria contribute to the metabolism of two other drugs: antiviral drug sorivudine and anti-anxiety drug clonazepam. It was discovered that gut bacteria play a considerable role in circulating toxic metabolites derived from these drugs. In the case of clonazepam, the microbiota contributes up to 78% of the circulating aminoclonazepam, whereas it contributes up to 66% of aminohydroxyclonazepam, which is a metabolite generated by both microbial and host enzymes.

In conclusion, the host gut microbiota is an important contributor to circulating toxic metabolites of certain drugs such as antivirals brivudine and sorivudine and anti-anxiety drug clonazapem. These findings are a step forward in understanding which drugs should be given to a patient in order to minimize their toxic side effects and also opens up the option of manipulating the gut microbiome to achieve an enhanced therapeutic response.

Thanks so much for the information! I'll have to read up on it.

I believe the gut is the seat of all our health problems. More studies need to be done on this and the effects the pills have on the delicate gut microbiome.

Thinking of  benzo belly - certainly it seems to me that it means a disruption in the gut microbiome. This, too, needs to be studied.

I have NO doubt that for ME even a small (initiation) dose of probiotics give the effect of stripping out my oxycontin SR somewhere through its pathway..!!?? :(

Thankfully I have also seen some substantial improvements too, -particularly with my deep, entrenched SX like initiation motivation and drive.. ie. LIFE...

Upside down and inside out atm here..!! Im realising that just because I have a poor initiation response to some things eg mag and calcium etc. -they may actually be things I need, or are good for me in the longer term..

True, cantfly. I've wanted to take magnesium but have been scared to because of reactions.

What type of probiotic do you use? I used one for awhile, and also drank kefir, and I didn't get good results.

True, cantfly. I've wanted to take magnesium but have been scared to because of reactions.

What type of probiotic do you use? I used one for awhile, and also drank kefir, and I didn't get good results.

Biome Lift

-by Activated Probiotics..

Its aimed at serotonin and dopamine production, apparently.. I didnt notice much of anything from a cheaper one, perhaps some rough days if I look back, but this one was near instant, both good and bad, so I have slowed the initiation right down.. -with that the good dropped off too.. :(

-Getting there..

I noticed I can tolerate basic supplements a little better these days too, -pretty small doses though..

Atm, im exploring combination rather than one at a time.. Some say its important..??

:)

Oh, that's right. I seemed to have read about it on another post. I'm scared of taking probiotics, though. It seems that we're all different and require different probiotics. I just don't know which one would be right for me.

Thank you, though, Cantfly!

Oh, that's right. I seemed to have read about it on another post. I'm scared of taking probiotics, though. It seems that we're all different and require different probiotics. I just don't know which one would be right for me.

Thank you, though, Cantfly!

Yeah, I just did a bit if a “That sounds good to me”, thing... 

I hope to fine tune things on the fly..

Iv seen some of your recent posts too, and sure understand your hesitation to play with things that could make it worse at this point.. :(

-Give it time...

[07...]

I found this.. -for those that would rather watch than read.. :)

great video  thanks  Cant

saw this in the comments, made me laugh. 

Brain: I control everything

Gut: Hold my bacteria

:idiot:

I found this.. -for those that would rather watch than read.. :)

great video  thanks  Cant

saw this in the comments, made me laugh. 

Brain: I control everything

Gut: Hold my bacteria

lol, yeah, -Who the Boss..!!

Ta for watchng.. Did you notice any obvious holes or lack of clarity in his thoughts..?? -I didnt, which really has me thinking about a few things around here... (Brain fried thinking -that is..)