Advice on cutting over from K to V (putting in correct thread)

[Su...]

I'm currently on 2.5mg, barely enough to keep anxiety at bay. 1mg 11pm, .5 @ 7am, .5 @1pm, .5 @7. I need a longer acting benzo so I dont have to dose ~every 6hrs.

I'm planning on following the Ashton method at a slow rate.

Any advice when cutting over from K to V? I'd like to get the dosing to 2 or 3 times a day. I'll probably switch to 50-60mg of V per Ashton.  Wondering about peoles experience switching between these two and if there should be a slow C/O time to acclimate.

I do know V makes me super sleepy, so there's that.

Keagan, how was it a failure? Did you get wd's during the switch? Did you give you cross over plenty of time? Also, is the 2mg K about equal to 40mg V?

The K lasts about 6 hrs for me, then my anxiety starts kicking

I'd follow the Ashton manual when introducing the Valium, and I've heard from other members that they'll even front load a bit to get the Valium on board faster.  You do know that this is going to hurt no matter what benzo you taper from, right?  I've seen too many members lately who don't seem to realize that no ones gets out of this pain free.  You can minimize they symptoms of course, but this process hurts and even when you're off the drug, your brain still has some healing to do, I just want you to know what to expect. 

Hi Pamster, I have no illusions on how difficult this is going to be. I was looking to switch to something with a longer half life so the way down would be a somewhat smoother decline. My Ks abruptly stop at about 6 hrs so trying to get away from 4x day doses.

I'll definitely front load on the V and take my time transitioning over, so hopefully I can make the transition to v without to many problems. Just worried about wd from K when switching. 

Good, I'm glad you know and accept the way this will probably go.  I think if you do the cross slowly enough, you shouldn't miss the Klonopin, but be careful you don't end up on a higher dose trying to stabilize, you don't want to go backwards. 

Keagan, how was it a failure? Did you get wd's during the switch? Did you give you cross over plenty of time? Also, is the 2mg K about equal to 40mg V?

The K lasts about 6 hrs for me, then my anxiety starts kicking

It was a failure because I got worse during the c/o and couldn't taper. My depression got too bad. Others have had success with c/o, but there is nothing magical about it.

• 3 months later...

My K to V crossover was a failure. K is long acting I think you would be better microtapering off K

Sorry to hear.

How many years were you on k?

Has depression been the norm for you or did it start with Crossing to v.

How are you now?

Thanks

SC

I'd follow the Ashton manual when introducing the Valium, and I've heard from other members that they'll even front load a bit to get the Valium on board faster.  You do know that this is going to hurt no matter what benzo you taper from, right?  I've seen too many members lately who don't seem to realize that no ones gets out of this pain free.  You can minimize they symptoms of course, but this process hurts and even when you're off the drug, your brain still has some healing to do, I just want you to know what to expect.

So is it common knowledge that valium causes depression? Especially for those prone to it?

What is front loading?

Thanks

SC

I've read many members talk about the depression Valium causes, I don't have any knowledge if those prone to depression will suffer from it more than any others.  Many members complain about the sedation it causes as well but I've heard that usually resolves after awhile. 

Front loading was a term I'd read about on the forum but I was incorrect in how I interpreted it, so it's not something that I have a good understanding of, my mistake. 

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]