Amoxicillin

[co...]

So much stuff here on Amoxicillin (antibiotic) that's not good. I'm actually scared to take it now but I've been sick for about a month; sinus, congestion, etc... not sure what to do. Anyone have any recent experiences with this stuff? I don't want to take an antibiotic but I'm not sure anything else is going to get rid of this virus I have.

thks,

Please, if you have a need for an antibiotic, take it! I never had any problems taking them, I knew to avoid the Fluoroquinolone's but I no problem with any others.  Just in case you need the list of what to avoid.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=36633.0

Thanks... I'm not sure I want to take it though. There is so much evidence here that antibiotics and specifically Amoxicillan kick your butt. I have a head cold and sinus infection that don't seem to be going away. But I would much rather deal with that than have my really bad symptoms return in full force. Maybe I can high dose vitamin C or try something a little more natural... I don't know yet. Hopefully there are more posts on this thread so I can make a more balanced decision.

If you have a virus an antibiotic won’t help.

Antibiotics only help with bacterial infections.

If Dr says you have a virus and has given you an antibiotic they are an idiot and are adding to antibiotic resistant infections.

Sometimes doctors give antibiotics as prophylactics to make sure complications don't arise, even when the original illness is caused by a virus.

If colley has been sick for a month with sinus congestion, the original virus is likely gone and he might have a sinus infection.

My ASO O Titre is consistently high in my bloodwork so he said that in combination with that and my sinus / cold issues for the past 4 weeks, I should be taking an antibiotic. I'm probably not going to do it because I'm not that sick... I just don't want to pass up the opportunity to feel better. But there's a good chance it (Amoxicillin) will make me feel worse... a pretty good chance from what I can see in past posts on the topic.

ASO O Titer... I had to look that one up.

I have taken amoxicillin several times during my benzo use and while tapering. It did not affect my taper at all. Being sick certainly made me feel much worse.

Thanks everyone... I'm feeling a little better today as far as the cold symptoms go. I'm going to skip the Antibiotic for now and see if I can just push through this with some Vit C and Echinacea. I've got the script if it gets out of hand.

I’m glad you’re feeling better and continue to, I really hope you don’t need to take anything. I wish I’d done my research before amoxicillin (seems my UTI was not even real too!!). It doesn’t mess everyone up, but I know so many it has, not tapering people, it’s different when off.  I was first prescribed Cipro and said no way!! Yes those are bad for anyone, know someone not BW was damaged for 2 years from a quinolone, but many of us HAVE been set back horribly  by other AB and for me it was amoxicillin and others too.  I thought no problem. Not everyone though is affected, but it’s important to say if someone asks. Doesn’t mean that you would though.

i just got a prescription yesterday for amoxicillin i am scared to take it because of what levoflaxin did to me the last time i took it before i even knew about bb i was on ativan and was getting levoflaxin atleast 2 sometimes 3 times a year it was the best working on my sinus and ear infection but the last time i tool it was august 2017 and i devloped a servive agoraphobia right after i have recovered alot form it but still can not drive or leave the house much but i was stuck in my room all day long so ill take the small steps as a win that is all we can do one day at a time  i am however going to try the amoxicillin tomorrow i am very sick and getting sicker by the day i need to be health again

I took levofloxacin twice. The first time was for pneumonia. No adverse effects from it. The second time I took it, I took 1 pill, and felt like my muscles were on fire. I did not take any more. This was way before benzo use.

I've taken amoxicillin a few times during benzo use and during taper. The amoxicillin didn't seem to affect my taper at all.

Glad to hear i hope it makes me feel better soon all antibiotics make me feel weird the first day when starting them....... i dont take any pills and have not taken anything in years  except pain killers for a kidney stone but those were definitely needed that was spring 2018 ( besides the benzo which is obvious )