Antacids

[Sc...]

Which ones are safer H2 blockers or PPI's?. I have severe chest pain due to gerd i have irritation/inflammation of my esophagus and need to take a drug to heal it. Which would be safer in terms of side effects?. I had a bad experience with Omeprazole.

My doctor prescribed Pantoprazole after my first too-rapid taper left me unable to eat. It helped right away, even before I went back up to my previous dose of valium.

I don't know much about side effects, but I haven't had any that I've noticed. I was on Omeprazole before and Pantoprazole works much better.

Hope that helps at all.

Wishing you a calm tummy.

hopesavoy

hopesavoy I took pantoprazole more than a decade ago for gerd it helped but got rashes. I took Omeprazole recently for 4 days and it gave me tingling/prickling/burning sensations on my arms and legs as well as dizziness so i had to stop. I don't know if i should try another PPI or take and H2 blocker. The pain in my chest is unbearable. I hear H2 blockers can cause severe anxiety, and PPI's can also cause bad side effects.

I am confused and dont know which drug to take to heal my esophagitis.

How did you treat your reflux?

By stopping all stomach meds (antacids cause rebound acid reflux) and adjusting my diet. I stopped all caffeinated drinks and started eating homemade soups every day, added sauerkraut to my diet. My acid reflux was so unbearable and only getting worse while I was on PPIs.

Yes i know Manuka honey very good but very expensive. I ordered buckwheat honey which is very dark and more effective than Manuka and cheaper.  it helped your acid reflux?

My father had acid reflux and he had a horrendous reaction to PPIs. I read a book called "Why stomach acid is good for you" written by a holistic doctor. You may want to check it out.  My dad suffered terribly for several months, but now he is completely healed -- digestive bitters and apple cider vinegar capsules helped him and his acid reflux is gone. Basically, the PPIs actually aggravated his condition and were the complete opposite of what he really needed.

Restoration123 I agree PPI's are bad but i have an esophagitis i need to heal my esophagus i have pain in my chest daily for 2 weeks straight, it's driving me nuts. I tried combo herbal teas its not working, i got no relief from any natural products and i have good knowledge of herbs and supplements. Unfortunately i have to choose between Pepcid, Zantac or a PPI. If the H2's dont work i need to try a PPI again but i have a problem choosing one with the least side effects.

Omeprazole was horrific. Burning sensation on my legs arms, tingling/prickling. It was too much so i stopped. They still haven't gone away completely after 3 weeks off.

I was going to take this drug today but it says it can cause hallucinations? Is this rare?. I dont know what to do. Any advice/opinion?.