5 months off of Xanax, shouldn’t have drank.

[Mi...]

Feel like it took a million steps forward since C/T around 5 months ago, didn’t take Xanax for a very long time so around the 4 month mark off I felt like I was about 85% healed, nervous system still bugging out every now and then but I was good, able to sleep now, I got my appetite back and put some of the weight back on that I lost after C/T, but it feels like I just took 100 steps back after a weekend of drinking. Had some fun and went to some parties and drank for the first time since C/T and now I feel all out of whack again, definitely not worth drinking yet, i thought I’d be fine but nope so cutting out alcohol again for quite awhile.

[a9...]

I think it was about the 5 month mark when I started trying a little alcohol (just a little).  It felt really weird at first.  I'd feel like I got a weirdish hangover from one beer.  But each attempt got better - felt more 'normal'. 

I'd think that one would probably want to ease back into drinking and not 'tie one on' your first few times out.

I was around 9 months and started by taking a few sips of beer, then increased to a about one swallow. On Christmas Eve, I had a beer with chicken wings and no problems...I enjoyed beers and giving them up for almost a year was disappointing. No problems except if I drink too late it messes up my sleep, pretty normal really for a 60 yr old man....