It’s starting all over again

[Sc...]

So I was going good but now that I had alcohol a couple alarms it’s been an absolute nightmare!! I woke up just now in extreme panic! My heart was going so fast and all this had disappeared. 😩 35 days off I really hope I’m not starting all over again!! I feel so horrible. All over a few beers.

Please know that alcohol has a similar effect on your GABA receptors as Benzos do.  So having a few beers is like taking a "rescue dose" of a Benzo for many?

You are only 35 days off and might still be in "acute" WD?

I would completely avoid alcohol until you are completely healed and then enjoy in moderation.

• 4 weeks later...
It’s weird. At first we think benzos is all we need to worry about But that’s not always the case. Your system is sensitive now and alchohol can be like a one two punch. Don’t mess with supplements or anything els either.

I'm so sorry for what you are going through...one day I had a couple sips of kombucha and felt it (and theres like such little alcohol in that from fermentation!)....so I've resolved that alcohol will be avoided for years and that IF I do want to try it again..I would maybe do a sip first and see.

We don't NEED alcohol....so many other things in life that can bring joy:)

Scared, how are yo doing? I always worry a bit when someone does not reply to their posts. Using alcohol did not harm you permanently. Yes, it was a mistake but who doesnt make mistakes??? We do learn from our mistakes, and you wont make this one ever again.

Please let us know you are okay.

east

Don't worry, you didn't start all over. I had to drink a couple of beers before court so that I could function after I was only home for a month from the hospital. For two or three days after having beer, it was like a major hangover along with really bad benzo withdrawal but then it went back to how it was. It doesn't actually set you back, it just feels like it temporarily. I've been off of them for 8 months and I really want a beer but I'm just going to wait until at least 2 years off and just smoke weed in the meantime instead. Everybody is different though, so my recommendation would just be don't stress and you'll be fine, and you will heal like everybody else.