Blood in toilet

[Sc...]

For the last 2 days i been seeing blood in the toilet bowl and when i wipe it is fresh blood, what could this be?. I been suffering gerd for a month, i don't know if this is related.

I had blood on the toilet paper before it was either a fissure or hemorrhoids it went away but never had fresh blood in the bowl. The blood on the toilet paper was lots. I was shocked. Even though it's concerning to see i am more concerned with the pain in my chest due to gerd.

I will see a Dr tomorrow morning.

If it's bright red blood, it's probably just an irritation at the anal opening and nothing serious.  Dark stools that are tarry could be internal GI bleeding.

Scooby,

The best plan, IMO, is to get this checked out. I always felt better after I saw the doctor, got tests and knew there was nothing to worry about.

pianogirl  :smitten:

I am guessing it is an anal fissure.  I had this once and went to a doctor, and you know it took very little time for them to check it out and tell me that's what it was.  My advice would be just get it checked. 

My doc recommended increasing fiber. Straining can cause hemorrhoids and bleeding. Fiber helps to make you more regular with less straining, thus less hemorrhoids.

Fp1984 I was taking Psyllium husks daily before i got acid reflux. I stopped all my supplements. Perhaps i can start the psyllium again.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I had an anal fissure with blood during withdrawal. I wouldn't overly worry if its bright red. I also had red blood even if there was slight aggravation when I needed to go during withdrawal.

However saying that I still went to the doctor to rule things out so please do that as everyone is different and not everything is withdrawal.

Best Wishes