Meal replacement drinks

[He...]

Hi everyone-  I posted elsewhere that I’ve had a setback the past week due to taking cold medicine.  Right now I’m experiencing racing thoughts, anxiety, burning skin, nausea, and not wanting to eat.  I feel hungry but can’t bring myself to eat anything.  It doesn’t help that I’m currently out of town for my daughter’s cheer competition.  Has anyone had problems drinking a meal replacement shake like ensure?  I feel like it’s a quick way to get some nutrients without actually eating to get me through this wave.

Hi everyone-  I posted elsewhere that I’ve had a setback the past week due to taking cold medicine.  Right now I’m experiencing racing thoughts, anxiety, burning skin, nausea, and not wanting to eat.  I feel hungry but can’t bring myself to eat anything.  It doesn’t help that I’m currently out of town for my daughter’s cheer competition.  Has anyone had problems drinking a meal replacement shake like ensure?  I feel like it’s a quick way to get some nutrients without actually eating to get me through this wave.

I'm answering this because I was informed just yesterday about glutamate in foods. I've been drinking protein shakes and adding protein and so forth. When another BB sent me some tips, he included information about the glutamate content in foods. It just turned my world upside down, again, because I have been eating a lot of glutamate-rich foods, which rev [some] of us up. Ensure is dairy-based and dairy is one of the high glutamate content foods. In addition, it has other additives and so forth which may also be high in glutamate. Basically, all food has it, but protein-rich foods have more because they are compromised of amino acids. Glutamate is an essential amino acid. So, we need it, but just not too much of it if we are sensitive to it. I'm trying to speak broadly here because I am no expert and do not know that it impacts everyone the same.

I'm extremely sensitive and have been having a hard time as it is, so I am going to try my best to only eat whole foods that are lower in glutamate from here forth.

Here is a link I found. It's not as helpful about what TO eat as it is about what to avoid.

https://nutritionforseizures.com/low-glutamate-foods-can-reduce-the-excitotoxicity-in-the-brain/

(I apologize if I'm breaking a rule for posting a link... not intentional)

I hope this helps.